Skip to main content

So I am looking for actual real live info.  I googled information but wasn't sure on what I had found as being reliable.  What are the averages (in your opinion based off what you have seen) for exit velocity, FB, if velo and outfield velo for each of the years in HS.  I am not looking for maxes, just averages. 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Average HS player or average recruited player? Big difference. I'm in a cold state so the numbers will be lower than those in baseball states, but for varsity players I would say

Avg HS Fastball: 77-80mph

Avg Exit Velo: Low 80s

IF Velo: High 70s

OF Velo: Mid 70s

The numbers for recruited players are going to be much better. I would assume these numbers are dramatically lower for freshman, especially considering the growth at 15/16

RoadRunner posted:
baseballhs posted:

No it’s on the current pages for overall bests and I know these are all from 2018 numbers.

There’s no way the TOP 60 time was 7.53. That’s just hokey. 

No, that’s the top for this kid. Just look at the class average. That was the question. I just pulled up three profiles so I could view the average.

PitchingFan posted:

No offense but the top FB for 2019 would be 97 mph by kid from Georgia so I know this is not right for that class.  This must be from some event or from a certain type of event.  Plus the top EV I think for 2019 was 104 or 105.  I would say the average is about right when you put over 3,000 players in those stats.

AGAIN, it is these particular kids’ best for each. I only posted it because it shows the class average.  It shows how these boys top compares to the class average...

Basically, I pulled three profiles from kids at our high school that I knew did a PG event in 2018 so that I could see the class averages. The top for each is only showing that particular kid’s best. But the class average would be right for 19, 20, 21 

Last edited by baseballhs
baseballhs posted:
RoadRunner posted:
baseballhs posted:

No it’s on the current pages for overall bests and I know these are all from 2018 numbers.

There’s no way the TOP 60 time was 7.53. That’s just hokey. 

No, that’s the top for this kid. Just look at the class average. That was the question. I just pulled up three profiles so I could view the average.

Thanks for clarifying!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.