Skip to main content

I've looked through the previous posts and seem to feel a little bit better since the pricing was this high back in 2014 and 2015. However, we are new to the Showcase level ball and it seems its a great big leap from standard travel ball in cost in relation to signing with an organization to play with. We are interested in one organization here in Eastern North Carolina, but they charge $2000 for the Summer season (5-6 tournaments, 2 full uniforms, training uniforms, etc.). I assume there is payment for coaching maybe. Does that seem inline with what we should be expecting at this level. My son is 16. 

Thanks.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We paid $1500 for each rising soph and jr. summers (fees, uniforms, coaches) with big name organization and son was on the "B" team. In hindsight, I would have encouraged him down a different path as I realized that the B team is essentially a funding source for the A team to travel all over and play in the big tournaments. His showcase ball experience had zero impact on his recruiting though injury kept him out of the circuit for his rising senior summer so we don't really know what might have been. No big deal as everything has worked out well so far. Everyone's journey is different.

Ask lots of questions of the organization exactly what is and is not included before signing on.  Try, also, to get a good idea of what schools are typically at the events they will be playing.  See if this matches up with your son's target schools.  Ask things like how much training/facility time is included, if any.  While there is cost to uniforms, etc., the value is in how much better he will get and who will see him, as well as how strong the connections are within the organization and targeted schools.  

Last edited by cabbagedad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.