Skip to main content

In 2019, there were an estimate of 313 freshman student-athletes from the state of Maryland on college baseball rosters.  

172 played in MD

Top out of state

PA  - 36

VA - 20

MD 2019 Freshman State Participation by State

Division

NCAA-D3 - 118

NCAA-D2 - 84

NCAA-D1 - 63

MD 2019 Freshman State Participation by Division

Top Conferences

Region 20   (NCJAA-D2)  - (82)

Capital Athletic  (NCAA-D3) - (30)

MD 2019 Freshman State Participation by ConferenceMD 2019 Freshman State Participation by Position

In 2018,   ~5,000 MD Students played High School Baseball.   Upon using a factor of 25% are seniors (~313)

MD National Federation High School

Disclaimer: Insights are generated based on information extracted before April 15.

Attachments

Images (5)
  • MD 2019 Freshman State Participation by State
  • MD 2019 Freshman State Participation by Division
  • MD 2019 Freshman State Participation by Conference
  • MD 2019 Freshman State Participation by Position
  • MD National Federation High School
Last edited by CollegebaseballInsights
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

CollegebaseballInsights posted:
EastCO posted:

Mexican meatball soup. Whats your deal? 

All good. All questions  are good questions. Those skeptical of the validity of insights are welcome to question.  It keep me honest and on my toes.

Regards

Oh no.  I'm sorry.  I wasn't talking about your post.  I really find all this interesting and appreciate the info.  Pretty much down the line it seems around 5-10% of high school players play college baseball.  I meant albodigas above who seems to have a chip on the shoulder about me.  Dude, I get it.  Give it a rest.  

EastCO posted:
CollegebaseballInsights posted:
EastCO posted:

Mexican meatball soup. Whats your deal? 

All good. All questions  are good questions. Those skeptical of the validity of insights are welcome to question.  It keep me honest and on my toes.

Regards

Oh no.  I'm sorry.  I wasn't talking about your post.  I really find all this interesting and appreciate the info.  Pretty much down the line it seems around 5-10% of high school players play college baseball.  I meant albodigas above who seems to have a chip on the shoulder about me.  Dude, I get it.  Give it a rest.  

EastCo,

We are good.  Let's have fun with these demographics. I need people like yourself to review and ask questions. Otherwise I would be working in a vacuum. This is a great forum to the baseball community.

Regards

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.