Skip to main content

In 2019, there were an estimate of 2278 freshman student-athletes from the state of California on college baseball rosters.  

~1893 played in CA

Top out of state

OR  - 47

AZ -  26

NY  - 26

California 2019 State Participation by State

Division

CCCAA - 1437

NCAA-D1 - 320

California 2019 State Participation by Division

Top Conferences

CCCAA takes up the top 7 spots

Western State  (CCCAA)  - 281,  consist of 3 divisions (North, South and East)

Coast Conference  (CCCAA) - 220, consist of (North and South)

Big West (NCAA-D1)  - 77

PAC-12   (NCAA-D1) - 74

California 2019 State Participation by Conference

Distribution by Position

California 2019 State Participation by Position

In 2018,   ~44,400 CA players played High School Baseball.   Upon using a factor of 25% are seniors (~11,000)

California National Federation High School

Disclaimer: Insights are generated based on information extracted before April 15.

Attachments

Images (5)
  • California 2019 State Participation by State
  • California 2019 State Participation by Division
  • California 2019 State Participation by Conference
  • California 2019 State Participation by Position
  • California National Federation High School
Last edited by CollegebaseballInsights
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

When I look at the huge number of CA players in Juco, it makes me wonder some unknowable things, like how many  of them go on to play at 4 years schools, how many tried and failed to get slotted at 4 year schools before they went Juco, and also how many might have gotten 4 year commitments had they looked out of state and/or outside of D1 for playing options.

JCG posted:

When I look at the huge number of CA players in Juco, it makes me wonder some unknowable things, like how many  of them go on to play at 4 years schools, how many tried and failed to get slotted at 4 year schools before they went Juco, and also how many might have gotten 4 year commitments had they looked out of state and/or outside of D1 for playing options.

If you look at the patterns over the past couple of years, you will see a trend. School will rather state local, you know that out of state $$$ issue.

My limited understanding of California JUCO (CCCAA) is free, thus the objective is to come out with little to no debt

With respects to JUCO traceability, we provide the insights from a  JUCO perspective, thus in theory, College Baseball Insights could answer at the State Participation Level (like how many  of them go on to play at 4 years schools)

Bakersfield College 2019 Juco Placement

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Bakersfield College 2019 Juco Placement

We have a son at a UC. Our cost is more like $38k.  

Almost half of the grads from my son's HS end up at the nearby JUCO, which has a great reputation,  as well as a successful baseball program. If you do well, you have a slot at UC. It works out great for many of them.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.