Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Francis7 posted:

Bummer. He can't update his profile now because he can't sign in until he is approved.

I don't recall with 100% certainty but I may have created a new one as if signing up for the first time and made sure to populate bio and location with something. I looked for the emails in my archive but I don't believe I saved them.

* Edited to say it might be enough to email to moderators and see if he's in the same boat. It may not be that situation at all but, if so, he might be able to provide the info via email and be approved.

Last edited by tequila

Yes, the above is all true.  :-) 

We require new registrations to be approved by a moderator before they can post (which has cut down a bunch on spam posts for cheap handbags and sports gambling). When a moderator looks at the list of new registrations, we immediately approve those that have enough info to tell us the new member is here to be part of this community - for example, a location, plus a bio like "Dad of 2020 RHP" or "Baseball player looking to be recruited".

If the new registration doesn't include any info, the moderator may do some additional screening before approving or declining. But this screening/research isn't always done immediately, as we are all volunteers (even me, the site owner... I make no income from this site and in fact it costs me money out of my pocket every month).

I've been super busy with work lately and it has taken a little longer than usual to approve the new registrations. I just now did a quick check and approved several registrations that had appropriate info, and will check the others this weekend. Thanks!

Julie

Last edited by MN-Mom
adbono posted:
Francis7 posted:

My friend signed up for the boards. They haven't been able to get in. The message is always:

You are not able to sign in for the following reasons:
  • Your account is pending administrative approval.

I’m finding this hard to believe. 

It’s the way many boards work. It keeps spamming to a minimum.

RJM posted:
adbono posted:
Francis7 posted:

My friend signed up for the boards. They haven't been able to get in. The message is always:

I understand that. I’m having a hard time believing that Francis has a friend! 

Barrum, pum !  I’m here all week. Try the veal. Don’t forget to tip your waitress!! 

adbono posted:
RJM posted:
adbono posted:
Francis7 posted:

Barrum, pum !  I’m here all week. Try the veal. Don’t forget to tip your waitress!! 

I have many, many, friends. In general, people say that I'm a likeable person and easy to get along with, etc. Once in a while, someone will decide that they do not like me at all. And, my experience has found them to usually share the same character trait. (If having a stick up your arse is a character trait?)

Francis7 posted:
adbono posted:
RJM posted:
adbono posted:
Francis7 posted:

I have many, many, friends. In general, people say that I'm a likeable person and easy to get along with, etc. Once in a while, someone will decide that they do not like me at all. And, my experience has found them to usually share the same character trait. (If having a stick up your arse is a character trait?)

Just a little attempt at humor 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.