Skip to main content

Can anyone tell me if not having the vision assessment turned in on time will affect my sons draft eligibility? It is due Saturday but because of the holiday week his eye doctor is not in town. We did not think there would be any interest in him this year as he just returned to competition in October (from TJ), but we were wrong.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We've missed a couple of questionnaire deadlines from the individual teams and they still show up on the homepage as though he can still turn them in.  We will see.  He is going to try to turn one in this weekend that was due a week ago.   We also were not able to upload all the notes from physicians on the main questionnaire.  We have a friend that was drafted last year and they said it wouldn't be an issue, they just may ask for it again.

The one problem which could be an issue is not being able to open an individual team's questionnaire until the Vision Assessment has been completed. My son had to complete the tasks in order (Profile, General Questionnaire, Medical Authorization, Medical Questionnaire, Vision Assessment Form, etc.) BEFORE being able to access other individual team questionnaires. But perhaps your son's situation could be different depending on the timing and delivery of the various questionnaires.

My son did not get specific addition medical documentation uploaded by the deadline (because I was too lazy to look for it)  which seems to be OK, as long as the Medical Questionnaire itself has been completed. I figure if a team really needs physical therapy documents from when my son had  Little League elbow they will request it again if it gets serious. And by serious I mean the 2020 MLB draft, not Little League elbow!

ABSORBER posted:

The one problem which could be an issue is not being able to open an individual team's questionnaire until the Vision Assessment has been completed. My son had to complete the tasks in order (Profile, General Questionnaire, Medical Authorization, Medical Questionnaire, Vision Assessment Form, etc.) BEFORE being able to access other individual team questionnaires. But perhaps your son's situation could be different depending on the timing and delivery of the various questionnaires.

My son did not get specific addition medical documentation uploaded by the deadline (because I was too lazy to look for it)  which seems to be OK, as long as the Medical Questionnaire itself has been completed. I figure if a team really needs physical therapy documents from when my son had  Little League elbow they will request it again if it gets serious. And by serious I mean the 2020 MLB draft, not Little League elbow!

My main point above is be careful about deadlines, as in don't wait until the last minute! As someone else has already pointed out, I have no personal knowledge of what happens if a deadline passes and something is not turned in.  I did not want my son to find out the hard way just in case the questionnaires are no longer accessible once a deadline has passed. Either way, I doubt it looks good to a team if you don't appear to have enough interest to be bothered with their deadline.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.