Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

OskiSD posted:

Fyi D1 Baseball reporting that Tucker Frawley is leaving Yale for a job with the Twins organization. I know he's very well regarded - my son interacted with him at a Duke camp and thought he was a great teacher and communicator. I'd assumed he was the heir apparent in New Haven. 

Interesting.   From my vantage point, Frawley pretty much ran the program from recruitment to game decisions.  I thought he would be the next HC when Stuper retired.

Coach Frawley is considered one of the best defensive coaches in college baseball. He regularly gives talks at the annual ABCA conference. Coach Frawley raised my son's fielding to another level, which took him to the next level. RipkenFanSon's recent recognition by Baseball America as the Best Defensive player drafted this year by his team , is largely due to Coach Frawley's work with him. Coach had other opportunities before. And yeah, he may eventually return to Yale at some point. Sabermetrics are the new wave of the game- Tucker's report cards/fielding charts and @INFchatter posts attest to this science.  Definitely, a bright young coach who has much respect from both his players and peers (and parents of his players).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.