Skip to main content

My son received an email today from Old World Baseball inviting him to be on some team they are taking to Europe this summer before kids head off to play college ball.

They say they saw him play at HeadFirst and have his stats and are filling the final four spots. They will be playing teams from France, Holland etc.

Anyone have info about this? 

Thanks 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

TS2020 posted:

My son received an email today from Old World Baseball inviting him to be on some team they are taking to Europe this summer before kids head off to play college ball.

They say they saw him play at HeadFirst and have his stats and are filling the final four spots. They will be playing teams from France, Holland etc.

Anyone have info about this? 

Thanks 

Sounds like it would be a blast (and expensive?)  I'm not familiar with the outfit specifically but the region in general and the countries mentioned aren't exactly known for their high level of competitive baseball.  So, it may not prove to be the best choice for preparing him for year one of college ball.  I would definitely have him run it by his new college coaches.  In fact, if he hasn't already, he should be asking them that very question - what he should be doing over the summer to best prepare him to compete for a spot/make the roster/whatever shoe fits.

Both of my sons went and loved it.  Quality organization and coaching.  Mix of D1 and D3 players. 

Oldest son was a D1 player and could not study abroad due to Fall and Spring baseball commitments.  Youngest was a D3 player.  His college coach really frowned upon any kids studying abroad in the Fall so very few ever did.  Both boys' coaches expected Summer ball every year too.  OWB was the only chance for my guys to get international travel / experience and they really enjoyed their time in Europe.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.