Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

BallGloves.com has a good selection, and are very good about special orders and customer service. You can get cheaper other places, but after one nightmare with Eastbay I swore never to use them again.

I tend to use my local store(owners still play Town Ball) where they really know their baseball. They take care of their stuff better than a franchise store like Dick's, and get some interesting custom gloves.

Good 'ol Ebay is often good for LH gloves as far as price is concerned.

Last edited by 57special

honestly I use baseballsavings.com a lot.   But on a separate note, we have been buying Nokona and Buckler gloves.  Very happy with the quality and price of the Bucklers.  Bucklersports.com.  Made in the Philippines I believe.  Reportedly they are subcontracted to make gloves for some big name manufacturers.   And the boys like them because they are a bit different.

Son wants a 2 piece catchers helmet for Christmas. Any recommendations for masks?

Also read somewhere that the Wilson mask might not be to "NOCSAE" safety standards? Will that potentially be a problem for him as a HS player? Does PG or other tourney organizations have weird rules I need to be aware of prior to him switching from hockey goalie style helmet/mask combo's?

Thank you!

used2lurk posted:

Son wants a 2 piece catchers helmet for Christmas. Any recommendations for masks?

Also read somewhere that the Wilson mask might not be to "NOCSAE" safety standards? Will that potentially be a problem for him as a HS player? Does PG or other tourney organizations have weird rules I need to be aware of prior to him switching from hockey goalie style helmet/mask combo's?

Thank you!

Unless something has changed recently with NFHS, 2 piece are not legal to use in HS

PitchingFan posted:

2 piece is not legal in HS but legal in PG. 

I think some PG tournaments are NFHS rules and won't allow it. At least the that's what I was told by an umpire at one of their events this fall. He said it is almost never enforced, but an umpire could if he wanted to. 

We were at another tournament that was being run by a PG affiliate in Orlando and they did not allow it. Made a kid put on a hockey style helmet.

2022NYC posted:

I went with the force 3 defender for my hs soph kid. It is heavier than other mask but I believe it offers superior protection with the spring shock absorbers

My son has the All-Star MVP4000. It's expensive, but you only get one brain. After seeing how much protection it offers, I'm amazed at how little protection is put into some of the other brands of helmets.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.