Skip to main content

My son just told me he heard rumors about the NCAA banning white colored baseball bats?  He wasn't sure if this was for this upcoming season or next year.  Of course he swings a white bat...lol.  He's going to talk to coach so hopefully he can get some clarification. 

I also just noticed on justbats.com that all the BBCOR white bats have this is in the description.

" NOT Approved For Play in NCAA Baseball - Barrel Color Noncompliant"

EDIT:  Google is your friend.  I just searched and confirmed that Sept 1 2019, all white bats will be banned from NCAA play. 

Last edited by SoCal OG
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

ReluctantO'sFan posted:

Not to sound like a defense attorney, but what is considered white???  Could I argue the color is egg-shell, beige, ivory etc... My wallet is tired of dropping 100 dollar bills. I wonder if I can get away with a can dark spray paint. 

lol...I thought the same thing.  Luckily, I was able to find a new one on ebay for $70 shipped.  As I mentioned previously, luckily, he prefers the one piece all aluminum models.

SoCal OG posted:
ReluctantO'sFan posted:

Not to sound like a defense attorney, but what is considered white???  Could I argue the color is egg-shell, beige, ivory etc... My wallet is tired of dropping 100 dollar bills. I wonder if I can get away with a can dark spray paint. 

lol...I thought the same thing.  Luckily, I was able to find a new one on ebay for $70 shipped.  As I mentioned previously, luckily, he prefers the one piece all aluminum models.

That's probably the way to go, lol, can't imagine actually winning my argument with an umpire!!!  Come on Blue that bat ain't white, it's alabaster for crying out loud

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.