Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That's awesome! Congrats.  2 observations: 1) tryouts here in the frozen north are still 6 weeks away.  2) I am envious of 90 players for tryouts.  My son's Division 1 high school will struggle to field  freshman, JV, and varsity teams.  No more than 50 boys will come out, and 40-45 is more likely.  It makes "tryout" a bit of a euphemism.

notThatRJM posted:

That's awesome! Congrats.  2 observations: 1) tryouts here in the frozen north are still 6 weeks away.  2) I am envious of 90 players for tryouts.  My son's Division 1 high school will struggle to field  freshman, JV, and varsity teams.  No more than 50 boys will come out, and 40-45 is more likely.  It makes "tryout" a bit of a euphemism.

My kid’s high school only had about fifty players tryout for  three teams in baseball and softball. The varsity teams won their large school conference. The JV teams were competitive.

The players came mostly from the middle school across the street. If they weren’t making the 7th or 8th grade teams the writing was mostly  on the wall by freshman year. The freshman teams were so bad they were eventually dropped. Between two kids I recollect only one freshman team player ultimately making varsity senior year. He never got out of an inning in his three or four appearances before the coach gave up on him.

The other RJM

Last edited by RJM

Our large public will be struggling for the 1st time in recent memory to field a FR, SO, JV, and V team. We just choose from gr. 9-12, no middle schoolers. That might have to change. Not too long ago we had 3 FR teams, a SO, JV, and V, with 18 or so on each.

LAX has taken a lot of the hockey players that used to play BB in the off season.

Last edited by 57special

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.