Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

JoeMorgan---always a Big Red Machine fan but you need to tap the brakes a second.

First, the seedings haven't been set in either District. If HP beats Heath on Friday its a tie and they gotta figure who ends up 1 and who ends up 2. Not sure that its gonna happen but hey its baseball.

Two, even if HP gets run-ruled on Friday they are the number 2 seed. Best I can tell McKinney is the #1 seed in 9-4A no matter what so I'm not sure they will meet. But hey its been a few years since my last swim through this pool.

Short answer is that they are all pretty darn good teams and frankly next year the addition of McKinney and North (with the 2 Wylie teams) to 10-4A is going to make for a monster District. Will be fun to watch.

I've got no problem with predictions (as its fun to watch the fur fly---kinda like the Springer Show as my friends from Poteet like to say) but at least wait to get the match-ups right.

Having said that, HP has played well all year long (better than most thought they would play). The new coach has them believing in themselves. Will be fun.
I hate it when I'm wrong. You'd think I'd get used to it for as often as it happens.

However, as I always tell my wife my observations are still right Smile

1. HP and Heath play Friday for the marbles
2. Both Districts and play-off match-ups still up in the air
3. Next year's 10-4A is a monster. (Beast the only thing that would make it better is to get you and the Bunny Rabbits back)
4. HP believes in themselves this year and are playing as a team. If only that had been the case the past 3+ years given the talent they had back then.
quote:
Originally posted by OldDude: However, as I always tell my wife my observations are still right Smile

I hear ya.
As Grandpa Beast used to tell Grandma, " I ain't always right.... But I ain't never wrong. " Wink

quote:
Originally posted by OldDude: 3. Next year's 10-4A is a monster.

I would have to agree with you on that.

When we were in that district every Tuesday and Friday had a playoff atmosphere.
I am still trying to figure out why your coach didn't throw Kershaw against us his senior year. I was glad he didn't.
Last edited by The Beast
I think you have it wrong Joe, probably because you are from 10-4A and have not seen many of the 9-4A teams play this year. Here is how it will play out -- if in fact these are the matchups after Friday's play.

Mckinney will beat HP 2-0 -- HP doesn't have the bats to beat Mckinney

Heath will beat Centennial 2-0 -- Centennial has over achieved all year, they will compete but lose 2 in a row against a much better Heath squad

Sherman will beat N Smith 2-0 -- I don't think Smith will score enough runs VS Powell and Liss

Rockwall will beat North in 3 -- This will be a fantastic series but I think Rockwall takes it; drop off from Ladd is significant for North
Rockwall will have an easy win over Greenville, but JJP only lost to Newman Smith 4-5, and they still have some FIGHT in them!! SOOOOO, don't underestimate the MUSTANG SPIRIT!!!

quote:
Originally posted by go pirates:
Pearce and Rockwall are fighting for the last spot and the chance to face McKinney in the first round. Rockwall should have an easier time against Greenville than Pearce will against Smith. HP has clinched the #2 seed and if they beat Heath they would be tied for first. The 2 vs 3 may be the best first round match ups in the area.
"So dano7051, which of Heath's starting pitchers is gonna lose to Sherman in order for the series to go to 3?"

It's just a prediction and I'm certainly not going to give you a name and make some momma or daddy upset..

I just have a feeling they are due for a loss and Sherman has some talent.. This type of thing happens in Baseball..
Last edited by dano7051
Renfro just had a sore deltoid muscle earlier in the week, but with treatment recovered nicely. He pitched. Lost 4-3, had 12 strike outs , 3 hits . Awesome game! Yes, Spicer has mono Frown

quote:
Originally posted by PFP basher:
Just sayin',
Just heard that Spicer may have mono & that Renfro is having arm troubles. Is any of that true? If so, what do they have for a #3? Hard-nosed team over there, so I'm sure they have something in reserve.
...a couple of lucky, being in the right place at the right time plays! Hated the loss, but if you are going to lose, that is the way to do it!!! Battling to the end! JJP should have been in, but had alot of tough breaks this year! Oh, well there is always more baseball!!

quote:
Originally posted by PFP basher:
Sounds like a barn-burner. I heard that the bases were loaded in the last inning and NS had to make a couple of nice plays to wiggle free. Would have loved to see that one.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.