McKinney Lee and Lipka too tough
Sherman SS Wellborn will be fun to watch
Wakeland new coach, lots of young talent
North enough pitching to make playoffs
Centennial good young talent; pitching problems
Frisco lack of pitching makes them sub .500
Liberty not much but love the Durham kid
Denison football is their passion

Lot's of D1 pitching talent in 9-4A -- runs should be tough to come by. I'll be shocked if Mckinney doesn't make a deep run in the state playoffs.
IMO, McKinneys Lee and Lipka will be the difference makers in this district. Pitching is strong so hits will be a premium. Coach Price seems to find a way to roll out a strong squad year after year. It'll come down to Mckinney and Sherman again. Sorry FISD.

What about the underclassmen we keep hearing about. Are there diamonds in rough or all hype?
My son played for Forney against Lee and Lipka in the playoffs two years ago. I agree that they are both very much difference makers. They were just Sophmores then and they played like Seniors. My son got the RBI single off of Lee in game two and I think he was lucky that he got a fastball which Lee left up a little in the zone (probably the only miss he had the whole game). And Lipka literally "striped" every ball he hit. They should be able to carry the team on their shoulders and with some help could go very deep in the playoffs.
Definitely not forgetting about Wakeland. They also have couple of the best juniors in the district in Swann/Buhler. What does the pitching look like for Wakeland?

I think any of the four teams I listed could win this district, you can throw Centennial in as well. (I am just not that familiar with what they have comming back)
McKinney is not hitting the ball and scoring runs like I think they are capable. Really struggled at the plate VS Frisco Fiday night. However, I beleive Lee will be too much for North and the Lions will be able to scratch out a few runs against a very good pitcher in Ladd. Right now imho, it looks like McKinney, Wakeland, North, and Sherman. However, Centenial will be tough all year and I was somewhat impressed with Frisco the other night. Very tough district top to bottom.
quote:
McKinney is not hitting the ball and scoring runs like I think they are capable. Really struggled at the plate VS Frisco Fiday night.

McKinney has some nagging injuries with a couple players and CF broke his arm last week. (out until playoffs, maybe) So there have been some tweaks to the lineup that may need a little time to gel.

Take nothing away from Frisco though, they made some nice plays on balls hit hard. Agree, as always this district is tough top to bottom. I wish the district stayed in tact next year.
quote:
I think Centennial may just beat McKinney!

It could certainly happen, but with a well rested Lipka on the hill I wouldn't count on it. Lipka has been bringing some nasty stuff his last two outings.

I haven't seen Centennial play yet and I am looking forward to seeing them. I know they were really playing well early in the season.
After the game between Centennial and McKinney last night, Centennial proved that they can compete, even against a well rested Lipka. CHS Junior, Blake Harrell matched Lipka inning for inning with an incredible performance, which held McKinney's 5 hottest hitters in check, and yielded a team batting average for the night of .196. A great game from both sides of the diamond for both teams.
quote:
Originally posted by LionPop:
quote:
I think Centennial may just beat McKinney!

It could certainly happen, but with a well rested Lipka on the hill I wouldn't count on it. Lipka has been bringing some nasty stuff his last two outings.

I haven't seen Centennial play yet and I am looking forward to seeing them. I know they were really playing well early in the season.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.