Skip to main content

Oh yeah Baby..............the tradition continues...............

DBAT over Mustangs..........

DBAT class of 07' goes to a AABC World Series three out of four years.............

2004 Mickey Mantle World Series

2006 Connie Mack World Series

2007 Connie Mack World Series

Congrats to all involved..........

DBAT Players........

Head Coach Pat Leach.......

Coach Corey Thorton........

John Fuqua.............

Kermit Dow............buddy I'm very proud of you and all your hard work deserves mentioning. I know your proud. Good job dude..........I tip my cap to you.

And last but not least.............

Cade and Kyle Griffis.........I can't say enough about these two men. I'm proud to call them friends and am as happy for them as anyone can be. Cade and Kyle should be commended for what they allow for in the Dallas/Fort Worth baseball community.

Good job boys..........the greatest baseball show on earth is your next stop............

Farmington - AABC Connie Mack World Series

ain't nothing like it.
Last edited by Ken Guthrie
2005 Mickey Mantle KG? I'm fairly sure I stopped that one. I think your thinking of 04...

KK, I'm being a "stickler" (sp?). Congrats indeed. 2 great teams. It's sad that both couldn't go on (looking from a unbiased pov). I think anyone facing DBAT 18 will have their hands full this year in Farmington (as if anyone didn't already think that).
Last edited by Dtiger
quote:
Originally posted by Dtiger:
2005 Mickey Mantle KG? I'm fairly sure I stopped that one. I think your thinking of 04...

You might be right.........

I just remember the class of Boomer, Slaughter, Lethridge, Wilson.......ect.

Being there as 15's when we were 16's there as well.

Now that I think of it.....your right........I'll change it.
To all DBAT Players and Parents:

I want to thank each of you for allowing me to be a part of your son's baseball career since we were the Thunder at age 13. The players still remaining:

James Foster
Nick Fleece
Joe Leftridge

Then at 14 we hit the jack pot and became DBAT's first team since 2001 and added:

Chris Slater
Boomer Collins

At 15 added:

Josh Wilson

At 16 added:

Cameron Rupp
Chay Lytle
Stayton Thomas

At 17 we added:

Brandon Workmen
Trent Montgomery
Kris Tate
Lance Marvel

At 18 we added:

Nick Miller
Josh Choate
Bobby Bundy
Chad Bettis
Adam Boydston
Wesley Starkes
Andrew Armstrong
Zach Fowler
Taylor Nicholson

What a special group of young men. I'll keep up with all of you in college. Well time to go and start putting together the next DBAT team.
Last edited by SWAC
What a ride....What a ride with these boys. It was so much fun to watch the boys dog pile and the parents jumping up and down today. It makes everything worth it. I would like to thank my coaches of ALL my teams for being class acts this year. I would also like to thank John F, John S, and Kermit without you all... nothing would be as it is. Last I would like to thank the kids and the parents, all three teams had great parents. You guys were the best this year. All of you make DBAT what it is today. Thanks Again
Last edited by KCR
I'm sitting here anchored out on th lake with four of the dbat players and they are still smiling ear to ear.
A very special day for these young men that they will remember the rest of their lives and i'm eternally greatful to have witnessed it.

My son and my "other" son wore the red white and blue at one time and have played with quite a few of the current mustang players and we are very proud of them as well as they played three great games

I would like to thank all the coaches, gm's, and owners for allowing the miller family to come along for the ride
I would like to echo KellerDads thoughts.

From the time Adam was eleven and was turned downed by Natural and the Texas Horns Smile to now has been one heck of a ride. Today, for Adam and his parents it was the best time of his young baseball career. Being able to play and compete with the big boys that you have read about for so many years was truly a dream come true. The icing on the cake was the win. We as a family want to thank Cade, Kermit, Pat, John, Corey and the whole DBAT family for making this last Summer a very special one. Without these guys, it would not have been possible.
I would also like to send out a big thanks to oldbat-never for being a great friend for all those years.

Good luck to all the players and parents who we have been associated with all these years and we hope there are many more days like today for you all.

Danny Boydston
Total team effort as the DBAT boys left it all on the field today in defending their title. Was a battle down to the last pitch and that made the victory even sweeter. Hats off to the Mustangs for a successful season and there's no doubt that all of the people in attendance today got to see some great baseball.

Thanks for all of the warm wishes!

DBAT 18 - 2007 Connie Mack South Plains Regional Champions
Last edited by Frozen Ropes GM
After all this talk about Dbat I must say the Mustang organization is a class act as well. I took my son out today to seem some good baseball and that we did. Dont get me wrong Dbat was very good. These teams were definitely equally matched. Reid pitched lights out the first game. Then the second game Stafford struggle, Delachappel came in and pitched very well, Clinard came in and pitched lights out coming off Tommy John only 11 months ago and Dixon just pitching a couple of days came in and did a great job. They played with all heart. But the better team won. Good luck to Dbat!!
Congratulations to the extremely talented DBAT 18's. I have had the privlege of watching many of these guys for many years and coaching at least one of them (Fleece-and he was able to overcome my incompetence). I will get to continue to closely follow Slater's career since I am a Baylor fan.

In the spring, SWAC and I were talking about the teams in the area and I told him that on paper he had the most talent, especially being so deep on the mound. However, we discussed the fact that the Mustang team would be less likely to be plundered by the draft than DBAT 18. His team that had Rupp, Leftridge, Workman, Bettis, etc... might get picked over by MLB. These guys all came up big this week for DBAT and hopefully these player's performances will help them get their deals done. It will just be a little too late for the Mustangs. Congratulations again to this very talented team!
The Mustangs are without a doubt a very talented team.
The organization is first class. Their lineup from top to bottom is some of the best talent in the state.
Regardless of who won the last game today, tomorrow could have been a different story. Just goes to show how close and talented both of these teams were.
Today, the better team won the final game 6-4.
All players on both teams should be congratulated for giving the parents, scouts and just baseball fans four days of outstanding baseball. From the kids we read and write about to the kids who contribute greatly in a quite way, you all deserve a big .

Thanks for the great show!!
Uncle Ethan, thanks for the kind words. This series could have gone either way the past two seasons. Every since your son played for me at 13 on the Thunder and on the 14 and 15 DBAT teams he has been one of my all time favorite players (Wish we had talked and you know what I'm refering too). I will follow him through college as well. He was the first today to seek me out and offer his congradulations. Michael is a great kid and I'm very happy that I got to coach him and get to know your family. Tell him he can jump in my pool any time.
Last edited by SWAC
First off I would like to thank Cade and Kyle, without them, this dream wouldn't be a reality for me. No one knows the real contribution these guys have made over all of the summers for nothing more than the enjoyment of the kids who wore the DBAT uniform.

I also want to thank John, we have been close so many times only to be denied, it would have been easy to call it quits. John always found a way to keep moving forward till we could get over the hump.

I would also like to thank Ken, that's right, KEN. Ken's foresight got this ball rolling for all of us. Let the flaming begin. Smile

Kermit, thanks buddy for letting me be a part of this group. Thanks for all the behind the scenes BS you have to handle and most of all thanks for the YEAR round work you do to keep this team at the top of it's game.

Chris E - let's not forget, Chris gave four years to some of these kids.

The TEAM - Thanks guys its a dream come true for me. You guys have more heart and guts than any team I've ever been around. EVERY single guy contributed in some way in this tourney. Clutch!

Pat - Thanks boss, your consistant approach has guided this team to the pinnacle.

I would also like to congratulate the Mustangs they have a great team and outstanding young men all the way around.

On a personal note: I would like to say Chad Bettis threw an excellent game in game one that will unfortunately be overlooked due to the great perfomance by Chase Ried. Chad threw a complete game allowing 2 R, 4 H, 1 BB with 8 Ks. It's a shame that we couldn't pull that one out for him. One other guy who had an awesome tournament and has yet to be mentioned was Lance Marvel. He had BIG run scoring hits in 4 out of our 5 wins.

Thanks Guys!!!!!
Coach T
Corey, I can't believe I forgot the Big E.........

Without derailing this thread...........

As I sit here and read such joy and passion that is expressed in these posts.............

It just goes to show you............

NOTHING...........and I mean NOTHING

will ever take the feeling of accomplishment away through............

TEAM SPORTS and their VENUES...............
Ok I have a few questions:

* Who is the guy in the tiger uniform on the far right tucking it in…. ha-ha just kidding.

• Ok I have seen every team play this summer. It looks to me that DBAT has the best pitching staff. That’s if BB is not throwing for the Tigers. And I don’t believe he got the required number of league games in so that would be a no. Also I heard the Tigers picked up 3 good arms so that may change things. But before that DBAT had a better staff then the Mustangs and Tigers. That is not to say either of those team could beat them in a one game playoff.
• Batters 3 to 7 DBAT is very tough. But the Tigers have 3 guys that are better than any body. The Mustangs had about 4 guys but they were spread out in the line up.

Now to my question to the DBAT fans. And it sure seems there are a lot of you on this message board. This may be a question for Ken G.

Is this 2007 pitching staff Bettis, Workman, Thomas, Bundy, Armstrong (kid from Virginia, I think that is his name), and Fleece. Better then the past two staffs you had.

2007: Bettis, Workman, Thomas, Bundy, Armstrong, Fleece.

2005: Kershaw, Walden, Calhoun, Mathews, Tollason

2003: Ray, Plummer, Hearne, Furnish, Douglass, Cox
Last edited by Newscout
I know DBat isn't overlooking Linty's bunch....heck, DBat is 1-3 against them this summer. I think they are the favorite to win it all if Blake makes the trip and Green is back to 100%

And Newscout, I think you left about 3 maybe 4 names off your list of pitchers for DBat.

Never have I seen a team where a 5A All District pitcher for 2 years in a row is relagated to a handful of innings all summer......that is a very deep staff indeed.
Last edited by KellerDad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.