Skip to main content

Why should an Academically gifted player wait to get on radar screens?  The simple answer is that they shouldn't.  That's why we picked June 23-24.  Get on radar screens early.  Start conversations earlier.  Plan...Prepare.

This is coming together nicely.  Coaches are genuinely excited and committed schools are rolling in daily.  Here are the details:

June 23-24 in Washington, DC area (fields are being negotiated now)

$695 (includes customized Play In School video) as well as a Written Eval from a college coach.

Our camp will include offensive and defensive instruction by the college coaches so they can see you up close and personal.

Committed schools (so far):

Brown, Columbia, Harvard, Penn, William & Mary, Northwestern, Elon, Davidson, Franklin & Marshall, Bucknell, Furman, Gettsyburg & Hamilton.

Get more info at  coastalvabaseball.com

===============
@robyounce & @seethegear on Twitter & Instagram

WWBA World Champions (Jupiter) - 2013, 2014, 2015

17u PG World Series - 2013

17u WWB Champions - 2014

16u WWB Champions - 2013, 2010, 2009

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Navy and Holy Cross...with more Ivies are adjusting schedules to get here.  

If I am a smart player, why would I wait to get in front of these coaches?  Also, why would I want to go to a camp with 250+ kids, when I can go to a more intimate setting?

We will also have a panel of college coaches to discuss recruiting.

It sounds perfect for our high academic 2017, and so nice it will be in DC.  

For us, the timing may not work as the Diamond Nation 17U tournament is that same weekend (tourney is 6/19-6/24), and that is a tournament that normally pulls in quite a few high academic coaches as well.  And sadly it is on our schedule for the summer.  

It will be another case of, you can't do both.  

Twoboys posted:

It sounds perfect for our high academic 2017, and so nice it will be in DC.  

For us, the timing may not work as the Diamond Nation 17U tournament is that same weekend (tourney is 6/19-6/24), and that is a tournament that normally pulls in quite a few high academic coaches as well.  And sadly it is on our schedule for the summer.  

It will be another case of, you can't do both.  

I actually think you most likely could do both - the Diamond Nation Tourney the 19th-22nd and then the showcase the 23rd/24th.  It would depend on when the Diamond Nation games were and if the team you are playing for is strong enough that you'd think you'd be in the last few games (semis and final) as that would be one way you'd be assured that your team is at Diamond Nation (on their fields) and in front of a majority of the scouts in attendance.  

I happened to look back at this thread and decided to respond based on our experience the past two summers and where we found the most bang for our buck - and also from a family in the NE who has been to Diamond Nation multiple times the past two years.  You, your 2017 and the summer team coaches will need to work very hard to ensure 2017 is seen by the coaches he'd like to be seen by at Diamond Nation.  If you look at the list for this event and see that there are schools high on 2017's list I would consider attending and splitting time between the tourney and the showcase or just go to the showcase.  Coaches are spread out across multiple sites at the 17u tournament and you have no guarantee that you'll have the coaches you want at any one given game (much like a lot of the other tournaments, PG included).   My 2016 played in many games at DN - some with multiple schools in attendance and others with only a few.  I don't think I saw any of the schools on the list for this showcase there at any time - it was mostly northeast schools and very rarely academic.  I'm by no means an expert but I definitely did not see D3 academic schools there.  

Looking back at our summer last year, if I was to do it over again with 2016, I'd spend more time at events like the one in this thread and Headfirst than at tournaments - if scheduling and budget allowed.  This summer/fall is very important for a 2017 and I would not leave it up to chance that a coach will happen to be in attendance at a tournament game.  Go where the coaches are (again - applies if the schools he is interested in are at this event based on the list redbird has provided) - and then 2017 will need to perform.  

Just my opinion.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.