Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

"True Story"

When my son visits the MLB teams and he talks with the players about SSK bats and gloves.

Albert said "tell your father thank you, he found me".

During our 1998 Area Code games, I prepared the rooster for our Royals AC team.

A phone call from a Agent who I trusted, suggested that I place a player named Albert Pujols.

I checked with the Pro Scouts, "no scout" had a report, however my instinct was to "out scout" the scouts and Albert played in the 6 games at Blair field, Long Beach with over 300 scouts and Scouting Directors watching.

"The rest is now history".

Bob

@Consultant posted:

"True Story"

When my son visits the MLB teams and he talks with the players about SSK bats and gloves.

Albert said "tell your father thank you, he found me".

During our 1998 Area Code games, I prepared the rooster for our Royals AC team.

A phone call from a Agent who I trusted, suggested that I place a player named Albert Pujols.

I checked with the Pro Scouts, "no scout" had a report, however my instinct was to "out scout" the scouts and Albert played in the 6 games at Blair field, Long Beach with over 300 scouts and Scouting Directors watching.

"The rest is now history".

Bob

Whoa. The things you've seen and done, Bob. Thanks for sharing this.

He's actually 47 years old in real life not 41 in 15% discounted Dominican years.   

Sorry, but I always thought what he and others did was really, really shady.   I know he had done a lot of great things for the St Louis community and others, but essentially he lied to get a favorable contract.   Maybe some time and distance will change that, but he's going to be thought of in that way by a lot of people.

Texas Instruments TI 30X IIS Solar Scientific Calculator - Office Depot

Last edited by fenwaysouth
@fenwaysouth posted:

He's actually 47 years old in real life not 41 in 15% discounted Dominican years.   

Sorry, but I always thought what he and others did was really, really shady.   I know he had done a lot of great things for the St Louis community and others, but essentially he lied to get a favorable contract.   Maybe some time and distance will change that, but he's going to be thought of in that way by a lot of people.

Texas Instruments TI 30X IIS Solar Scientific Calculator - Office Depot

While in Puerto Rico, son and Albert met in a Dennys by accident. Son had been on the roster with him in 2010-2011.

I know folks didnt like what he did, but they don't know the entire set of circumstances that made Pujols leave and could be why he won't retire as a Redbird.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.