Skip to main content

and all of the talking heads - and not one of them picked the Giants.

Couldnt find one of them.

And every single one of them were wrong.

You gotta love it!!!

LOL
You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball, and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. ~Jim Bouton, Ball Four, 1970
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I got to admit I was pulling for the Patriots but the Giants played a great game (as well as the Pats) and it had fans on the edge of their seats.

But on one hand I am glad the talking heads were proven wrong. I hate analysts and sportswriters and most of those guys who have an opinion. It's amazing how they are never wrong and can prove how right they were.

Just watch them tomorrow about how they knew the Giants defense would shut down the best offense in NFL history. They will do it although they picked the Pats to win.
quote:
Originally posted by TRhit:
Not to take anything away from Eli I thought the MVP award should have gone to the Giant Defense---they played one great game from start to finish

I thought the same thing. Is that even possible...to give the MVP to a group as opposed to an individual?

If the Pats would have won, I would have given the MVP to that little wide receiver...Welker.
Last edited by biggerpapi
I was not upset with Coach doing what he did at the games end---the clock had actually run down to ZERO and as he crossed the field a second was put back on the clock---he DID seek out the Giant Coach to shake hands and congratulate him---in my eyes no big deal

As for his after game remarks, he is what he is--he is the same when he wins and we see him here in the NE numerous times a week
Alot of confusion on the field because the clock did run to zero.He started to unpack, but he sought out Coach Coughlin and did congratulate him.

The media will focus on this and spygate but those Patriots had a terrific run. Personally felt they should have at least lost one game in the regular season, 18-1 is a hard pill to swallow. Especially when that 1 loss is at the Bowl.
quote:
Not to take anything away from Eli I thought the MVP award should have gone to the Giant Defense---they played one great game from start to finish
I agree. If the Giants don't stuff Brady and get in a shoot out, they lose. Just like the last four games I see it as the Giants defense winning the game and Manning not screwing up. Although he did try to screw up this time. The pass Tyree caught in the middle was a floater that turned into a once in a lifetime catch instead of an interception. Then later in the game Samuel had another potential interception he dropped. Manning fumbled three times (including the fumbled handoff he placed above the running back's numbers, which the RB got credit for). Fortunately those five plays all bounced the right way for Manning. That could have been five turnovers.
Last edited by RJM
I'm not a Patriots fan. In fact, I don't care for Belichick's arrogance. The idea of Belichick at the post game interview reveling in being the coach of the greatest team of all time wasn't an exciting thought. It was just an impartial analysis of how I viewed part of Manning's game yesterday.

This game is a reinforcement defense wins games. Before the Patriots became the greatest offensive machine of all time, it was the 2001 Rams. Both were overwhelming favorites. In both cases the defense was on the field at crunch time and didn't get it done.

The only sour grapes is I lost a $50 bet Manning would have three turnovers and the opportunities for numbers two and three were there.
Last edited by RJM
quote:
From what I hear you can well afford the 50 bucks---next time talk to people who know!!!
I can't imagine there was anyone picking the Giants who wasn't a Giants fan other than a handful of media people who make the contrarian choice just in case it happens so they get visibility.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.