Skip to main content

Caps my kids have worn that I remember fondly.  top one is a HS cap,  The next three are college caps.  The A is the old school version, the mammoth is one of the new school caps. I think the S has been around a while.

Share your favorites?

mceclip0

"Don't be mean now because remember: Wherever you go, there you are..." Buckaroo Banzai

Attachments

Images (4)
  • mceclip0
  • mceclip1
  • mceclip2
  • mceclip3
Last edited by smokeminside
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Great topic. My fave is my father in law's NYPD pipes & drum cap, it was his favorite. Lost him to lung cancer over 5 years ago. I wear this cap to my 2 sons games. It is kinda silly but it makes me feel he is watching the games 20200414_214808too and can share in the joy. It is in desperate need of a cleaning but I am afraid it won't survive, so I suck it up. I swear my hair is thinning because of this petri dish with a brim.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 20200414_214808
JCG posted:

Correct, Smoke.  Extra points if  you can ID the one holding down the overdue bills on top of my desk.  Oh, nevermind.  Too easy.

TMM_Dad, Good deduction, but that's not rosin, it's bread flour.  Breadmaking is among the things that I do ambidextrously.  

Yeah, it was kinda easy. I saw it right away!

Looks like you could use a shave, dude. Me, too!

Last edited by smokeminside
@2022NYC posted:

Great topic. My fave is my father in law's NYPD pipes & drum cap, it was his favorite. Lost him to lung cancer over 5 years ago. I wear this cap to my 2 sons games. It is kinda silly but it makes me feel he is watching the games 20200414_214808too and can share in the joy. It is in desperate need of a cleaning but I am afraid it won't survive, so I suck it up. I swear my hair is thinning because of this petri dish with a brim.

The dishwasher works wonders on old sweat stained hats. Just put hats in the upper rack and hang them out to dry when cycle is complete.

Love the thread smoke.   I'm not a hoarder, but I have way too many caps.  I've whittled it down from 25+ to 5 that I truly love for one reason or another.   Is it normal for an adult man to be attached to so many caps?  I was half-joking with my wife that we should get an insurance rider on my caps and she thought I was serious.

Here it goes from left to right.

-My Boston Red Sox World Series cap from 2004.  Invaluable.  I wore the hell out of this cap before, during and after the 2004 World Series.  Honestly, I think this cap is more than 25+ years old.

-The cap I wore when my son's team won the Ivy League in 2012.   He and the team had a great year.

-When we visit my wife's family in Maine, I wear the Portland Sea Dogs hat.  They are crazy Red Sox fans up there, so this cap is a little change up to the family dynamic as all they wear are Red Sox hats 365 days a year.

-A HSBBWeb parent got me a Yale Bulldogs golf cap when I provided advice for his son's HA baseball recruitment about 10 years ago.  I wear this everytime I go golfing.  This was a tremendous and thoughtful gift.

-My youngest son's "trucker" cap (as he calls it...has mesh on sides and back) that I wore through the Virginia 5A High School baseball playoffs all the way through the semi-finals his junior year.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.