Skip to main content

@Senna posted:

PBR continues @ Lakepoint this weekend. Watching LHPs in the low 90s and a RHP topping 100 was amazing. Looks like some young guns were definitely able to stay on path during the past few months....

Someone sent me the twitter on the RHP who hit 100, Chase Burns.  I see on Diamondcast he was topping at 92 last July.   Some of these kids make amazing leaps in velocity over a year and it's particularly impressive given lack of access to gyms the past few months.   Last July I noticed he was 92 in the first inning, sat 90-92 for that inning, and then dropped to 87-88 until his last pitch which bumped back to 90.  Yesterday he hit 100 in the first inning (according to screen shot, no diamondcast I can find).   Are pitchers at these big tourney told to jack it up early to put up a number and then back off to last a few innings or is it just normal to be faster early due to being fresh and the adrenalin?  

https://twitter.com/lakepoints...900730392227848?s=21

@Gunnar, my guess is with a team like Canes, they have enough arms that they can be flexible. Fairly sure this is the first event for them this year, so I’d assume they gave everyone a bit of free rein to put up their number. We left after the first inning, and w/o DK or similar (one of the big things missing from PBR GA), I don’t know if they pulled him after 1 or let him go all 3 innings before they run ruled (which is what the other beast in 17U this weekend is doing).

@ARCEKU21 posted:

Thanks. Do you know where they moved the tournaments?

Looks like everything is in Ft. Myers and Sanford. I’ve been hearing both will be available, but as of right now they are still closed. Once something is open I don’t see it being closed again. However, if it isn’t open yet it is easy to continue to delay the open. 

My sons coach mentioned something yesterday about a big event being moved to Hoover. It wasn’t my sons age so I didn’t pay close attention. 

Looks like everything is in Ft. Myers and Sanford. I’ve been hearing both will be available, but as of right now they are still closed. Once something is open I don’t see it being closed again. However, if it isn’t open yet it is easy to continue to delay the open. 

My sons coach mentioned something yesterday about a big event being moved to Hoover. It wasn’t my sons age so I didn’t pay close attention. 

Supposed to go to the 15u PG World Series the week before the Freshman All American and that is in Sanford. Hmm, wondering if these both don’t get moved.

As they should. We're playing in the 18U WWBA and a bunch of teams shouldn't be here. You can't come and compete with 12-13 players and getting beat 24-0. Yes they didn't want to invoke the run rule in order to play, but when teams are putting up 15-24 runs on you a game, you wasted your money coming all the way from CO.

They should have more qualifiers to keep the games competitive. I feel bad for the guys and the parents for those that go 1-4 or 0-5 and never had a chance....

https://www.perfectgame.org/Ev...ult.aspx?event=11281

PG cut a TON of teams from the East Cobb 15u/2023 event. Most of them are now going over to the PBR 15u National Championship at Lakepoint. How is the Lakepoint complex? Any hotel recommendations around there?

LP Complex is really nice. They haven’t been charging for parking this year in my experience. Solid seating, but I prefer to bring my own to stay distant. It’s ATL, so it’s hot. Bring an umbrella  

For lodging, a few hotels at the exit, including a Hampton. Another 3 dozen within 20 minutes. For food, Cfila, Wendy’s, McDs, Subway all within 2 min. More (including Jimmy Johns, a fave of the son) another 5 min up the road). 

https://twitter.com/InsidetheN...277929870340097?s=20

ridiculous....

But the kids will be back on campus by then and the footballers have been. 

Better not mess with Football season or we're all screwed. Too important of a money maker for schools.

Now is the time for people to purchase season tickets and support whatever events they can so more and other athletic programs aren't cut. 

Last edited by Eokerholm

BP,

Just the facts as we observed/exploited 2 weeks ago:

- Tents were fine. We brought one in to set up in one of the outfield areas near the cages. Just don’t be a jerk. 

- No hot food for sale. Cold wraps, plus snack foods and drinks. No cash accepted anywhere. 

- No enforcement of “no outside beverages” or foods, but we didn’t come rolling in with 3 large pies and a case of water in a cart. 

- Definitely have your player bring their water, as coolers in the dugouts were not provided as they were in the past. 

More info here and elsewhere on their site. https://lakepointsports.com/safety-guidelines/

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.