Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It would appear that there are those who would differ with the writer of the posted article.

http://www.baseballnews.com/fe...ation_bbcor_bats.htm

Maybe I’m wrong, but as far as I understand it, it was not ALL non-woods that could be altered, but only specific composites, and they were outlawed prior to the beginning of the season.

There’s always gonna be some pitcher whining that the hitters are cheating, some coach whining that the other team is cheating, and some company making claims it cant substantiate, but that doesn’t make it true.

I’m not saying there aren’t players out there cheating on the bats, but don’t you think that with all colleges now using BBCOR and HS ball in Ca only using BBCOR and some specific waived bats, there would be literally hundreds of confiscated bats to use wide spread proof? Where is that proof?
http://www.batrolling4u.com/

Take a closer look at this disgusting business...there are many other websites offering this kind of shady garbage than just "batrolling4u"; however, they look typical.

Whether true or not, they are claiming that rolling and shaving also works on non-composite aluminum bats and they brag that they carry stock of BBCOR certified and Little League approved bats that have been juiced.

If you consider the parallels between this type of cheating pressure and the 'roid phenomenon is it really any wonder that the popularity of baseball has been dropping off steadily over the decades?

People obviously want to see great offense and great pitching, but much more than that I think most of us want to be able to know we're watching or playing a game that is basically honest...conducted on an even playing field for all contestants at every level of play.

I've heard the old saw, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'" as many times as anyone. Some trivial, quaint types of cheats that players use do make for very funny baseball stories but the 'roid era and the doctored metal bat epidemic are not good for baseball.
la,

You’re right on target by noting that baseball dogma and tradition don’t help these things get resolved. Those things really do make for great “stories”, and in many cases actually make for more than that, in the form of career makers.

With the bats however, thing took a much nastier turn. Before it was the players deciding to cheat, but with the bats, for the most part its been parents who’ve been duplicitous and leading the charge. Why? Because not too many kids can afford a $300 bat, then manage to send it away to get rolled or otherwise modified to improve performance. IOW, its mom and dad teaching Jr or Jr’ette how to cheat the system! And what’s terrible too, is that often coaches are the ones who encourage and even participate in the deception.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.