Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Younggun himself is nursing a pulled muscle in his lower back. Most likely from leg workouts, lunges out the ying yang, etc. Right now the trainer is giving him e-stim everyday and stretching exercises that concentrate on his lower back.

As a Pitcher he believes now that maintaining a stretching routine on a regular basis is what he must get back to.

Hope that helps some.
I feel your pain. Our son had an MRI-was told it was nothing. He went to another Dr and had a ctscan---he was out from late March until July in a back brace--was given the green light to work out in August--Thank God he was tuned into his body-- he had another ctscan. There was a very small line at the pars l5....The Dr said that he hadn't healed 100%--so he has now missed the summer and fall before his senior year. He will have another ctscan in Dec. to assure himself that he is 100% healed. He was told to take calcium. No squatting motion. No twisting motion. He can work on his upper body--and do the aquajogger in a pool for legs. My prayer for you as well as my son is that you heal 100%--good luck
Wow,so they let him play even when he wasnt healed 100%?thats scary.I had already practiced 3 days before I found out

I can also work out my upper body,but thats it. I was told to not even do an exercise bike for 2 months,and on the start of the 3rd I could start that

Good luck to your son,missing time IS VERY FRUSTRATING. I had to call 2 schools just now that i was supposed to be going up to soon to tell them Im hurt.Not fun stuff
quote:
Originally posted by futurecatcher27:

Wow,so they let him play even when he wasnt healed 100%?thats scary.I had already practiced 3 days before I found out

I can also work out my upper body,but thats it. I was told to not even do an exercise bike for 2 months,and on the start of the 3rd I could start that

Good luck to your son,missing time IS VERY FRUSTRATING. I had to call 2 schools just now that i was supposed to be going up to soon to tell them Im hurt.Not fun stuff

Futurecatcher, while it wasn't fun for you to contact these schools to tell them you were hurt and couldn't come....you have shown that you have great character and integrity by letting them know. They will respect you for that, trust me. When you get 100% you will be able to call them back and let them know you are healed and still interested. The Coaches will remember you.

Don't rush your recovery. It is the WORSE thing you could do and you risk not being at 100% next spring. Be patient through all of this.
Thanks for the advice.Is that what your son did?

Last year I DID rush recovery,because if I sat out any longer I would have missed significant time in the season(missing 3 weeks in a HS season is a long time)and I came back before I felt great(although the ortho told me the bone had healed 100%,after a final CT scan)

Well see what happens,thanks for the kind words and advice
My son had to call each school that was interested in him as well--he recently called to let them know he was healed. Some still remain interested however many have filled their scholarships...he hopes it will work out.

What I meant was that he has been out from March until recently. He was cleared after 4 mths but probably had not healed 100%--so he has taken more time off. He is just now starting his work out after almost 7 mths.--and he cannot wait to pitch again.

Good luck--
So has anyone ever had back surgery?I might be getting it in one month if the bone doesn't heal. Its been 5 months now in the brace,and the doc. said at 6 he would recommend operating to fix the pars defect. I have been using a bone growth stimulator for the past month,and the xrays today showed it was helping some we I have one more month to see how it responds. Any advice or comments about this procedure would be appreciated.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.