Skip to main content

Exactly what I was talking about. To answer your question, bluedog, yes. For clear evidence, consult the post from Max on page 4 and look at the clips. Watch their first moves down with the knob, then the barrel drops, then the back leg and top hand drive the barrel back through the zone. I do not wish to engage with you in any of your gibberish, I have more important things to do with my time. If you want a hitting lesson, meet me at the Disney's Wide World of Sports, I am there everyday of the week.

www.baseballpros.net
Dog-

"The hands go where the posture takes the shoulders"

I don't think so.

The posture is determined by where the shoulders need to get.Swing trajectory is very dependent on raising/lowering the shoulders/shoulders working together, which is not posture dependent.

Shoulder action is determined by where the hands need to get.

Arm action is required to establish the shoulder/hand relation.
Ok, first of all I think we are getting FAR TOO ANALYTICAL about all of this. Extremely difficult to debate w/ words alone. But it is kinda fun at times.

So now we are discussing (again) if the back leg is used to help drive or fire the back side to the ball or if the middle (core) of the body pulls the back side to the ball.

I will admit what I'm about to say is very analytical in itself.

What if:

Big league hitter, hitting on a sheet of ice (let's say a hockey rink). On his front foot he wears a shoe that would completely prevent slipping. On his back foot he wears nothing (bare foot).

If the middle pulls the back side to the ball then the hitter should theoretically have no problem swinging the bat (maintaining balance etc...).
Let's also assume that the hitter uses no stride. I think what you would see is the hitter greatly struggling to even perform the task of swinging the bat w/ any force at all.

I think you do indeed use your back leg (and front) to fire the back side to the ball.

I 100% feel the legs are extremely important and they actually greatly aid in the fireing of the back side more so than anything else.

I also do not want to debate this. So basically I agree to disagree w/ the thought that the middle pulls the back side.
Great Post LOW337

Even Roberto Clemente has already fired his back side and "squared up" before back leg comes up off the ground.

LOW337, Headed out the door, will see RHP Brett Smith pitch for Tampa Yankees. You shoulda seen Adam Thomas-RHP pitch for Vero last night! WOW!
I posted over at PG board if you get a chance to take a look at what I think about him. Have a good night brother and will be back after game tonight around 10:30 or 11:00.

Board, will see you all a little later, as well. Smile peace, you are all my heroes! Shep
LOW337.....I like your post. Here is my take. I do believe that there is force against the ground and big league hitters use force to move Laterally. However, I still believe that the rotation of the hips is what makes that foot come off the ground. But, I also believe that the force against the ground is what gets that hitter to transfer his weight pressure from his back foot to his front foot.

I have a friend who does a demonstration of how the swing starts from the middle. He does this by jumping in the air and then rotating. But, in his demonstartion, the hips do not turn until his feet have returned to the ground!

So what I see in big league hitters is force being used to move the body laterally then the hips turn the middle and as a result the foot comes off the ground.

I like your ice theory but along the same line. Wonder if there could be a resistent hip turn while being suspended in the air?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.