Skip to main content

2017LHPscrewball posted:

learning the art of throwing Holy Hand Grenades

Surely you can share a primer on your process before I hand over good money.  I'm hoping you teach the actual art and that this is not some metaphor for the strike out.  It really does kind of align with baseball - three's good, four's bad, etc...

Lord, bless this thy Wood Bat that with it thou mayest hittest balls to the nether regions of outfield, in thy mercy."

And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large walnuts.

"First shalt thou take out the Wood Bat before thou approacheth the plate.
Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
Five is right out.
Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then thou diggeth into box and wave thy Holy Wood Bat of Antioch towards thy pitcher, who, being naughty in my sight, shall not be able to vanquish thee."

Thy Holy Bat

Last edited by lionbaseball

Kyle Boddy provided me this still of one of his pitchers at Driveline at one of his Sunday special training sessions titled "Holy Hand Grenades for Wretched Pitchers". Note the proper hi-cocked hand position, and well timed hand break and closed stance with down the line foot path, good stride length and foot strike positioning. Also note the good glove side hand positioning. No inverted-W however it looks like his head is pulling off slightly, which I am sure Kyle will help him with in his next Holy Hand Grenade training session. Kyle told me that after release he had good extension and proper arm pronation.  Kyle said with a few more sessions he could really be an explosive pitcher. 

Last edited by BOF
lionbaseball posted:
2017LHPscrewball posted:

learning the art of throwing Holy Hand Grenades

Surely you can share a primer on your process before I hand over good money.  I'm hoping you teach the actual art and that this is not some metaphor for the strike out.  It really does kind of align with baseball - three's good, four's bad, etc...

Lord, bless this thy Wood Bat that with it thou mayest hittest balls to the nether regions of outfield, in thy mercy."

And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large walnuts.

"First shalt thou take out the Wood Bat before thou approacheth the plate.
Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
Five is right out.
Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then thou diggeth into box and wave thy Holy Wood Bat of Antioch towards thy pitcher, who, being naughty in my sight, shall not be able to vanquish thee."

Thy Holy Bat

I didn't know Gene Hackman played baseball.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.