Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Do we know which group MS and Vandy fall into ? Do they let their players pick their bats or are forced to swing the "company's bat"?

You swing the company bat or go home. The bat companies are paying for exposure. A travel teammate of my son didn’t like the glove he was given in college. He stitched the logo over his old glove. A coach discovered what he had done. He was suspended from the team. These product endorsement contracts can be in the millions of dollars in major conference programs.

Last edited by RJM

You don't play with the company deals.  Sons are not/do not allow their players to wear anything in the facility that does not match the logo.  And if they change logos/companies, the old stuff is not allowed.  I have heard of players trying to use certain gloves and covering up the logo but it does not fly if caught.  A couple of years ago, it was called out on tv in playoffs that a pitcher was using a glove different than the rest of the team and an inning later he had on a different glove.  I reckon someone contacted someone and said that better get fixed now.  In smaller schools, you will have partial contracts where players/teams can purchase equipment at reduced price but are not required to wear/use it but at the big boys they are required to use the company equipment.  As has been said, too much money involved.  They will give you some choice of what bat but it will be from their company, same with glove.  As is being discussed on other thread, it will be interesting to see how the new NIL rule will fit into this if a kid gets a contract with Wilson and team is LS.  Should be interesting.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.