Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I checked their website today. Valentine has basically been stripped from the front page, they have changed the name of the program, and give a bunch of excuses as to why he is no longer involved. Clearly he has a new job, but the program looks to be a huge scam. 400 plus bucks to "tryout"...and if you are picked for the team they charge over 6 grand. They recruit nationally, and from what I can tell from their website, they placed about 10 kids out of over 30 on D1 college teams for the class of 2012. NorthEast Baseball put about 15 in D1 out of around a 25 man roster and for less than half the cost and all were from New England. The balance will be playing at D2 and D3 schools.

I'll go on record and say he will be a disaster as the Red Sox manager as well.
quote:
Originally posted by LJ Sandwich:
I checked their website today. Valentine has basically been stripped from the front page, they have changed the name of the program, and give a bunch of excuses as to why he is no longer involved. Clearly he has a new job, but the program looks to be a huge scam. 400 plus bucks to "tryout"...and if you are picked for the team they charge over 6 grand. They recruit nationally, and from what I can tell from their website, they placed about 10 kids out of over 30 on D1 college teams for the class of 2012. NorthEast Baseball put about 15 in D1 out of around a 25 man roster and for less than half the cost and all were from New England. The balance will be playing at D2 and D3 schools.

I'll go on record and say he will be a disaster as the Red Sox manager as well.

This program had a funny feel to it when it was first being promoted. It sounds like Bobby V could have been used by a "friend" to give instant credibility to a new program with "lofty goals." Goes to show you what people will do for their sons well being. $400 for tryouts had to be the first warning sign.

Concerning Valentine managing the Sox, and having experienced him with the Mets, wait until you guys up in New England get a load of some of the things he will do. It will have you shaking your heads.
Last edited by birdman14

Add Reply

SPECIAL JUNE OFFER for HSBaseballWeb customers: Free batting gloves with every purchase!

Link copied to your clipboard.