Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
You must admit, though, the campus is lovely!
My son wasn't impressed with the look. I don't think Gothic did anything for him. The only thing that impressed him was the location of the upperclassmen condos (and having a yard) to the athletic complex. Personally, I don't think it's a great looking campus. It's a lot of buildings crammed into a small area without a lot of grass.
See, now here we go again with opinions on the looks of schools. I totally respect your idea, ted, but I liked the gothic. I also liked the arena and the football field, although I thought they were in odd locations for the entire college. I thought the library was spectacular! (and BTW, I think BC has a TON more grass than GU - see the other thread, hahaha.)

I know quite a few kids at the school and they all love it. We send a lot of kids there from the left coast.
When my son and I visited with Coach Aoki in July he showed us drawings of the new field.

As I remember they are not close to construction due to political issues witht the land.

My son did not like the campus or the school but being from the area BC is a great, great school with an excellent alumni group. I must admit I wish he had been more interested in BC.
Last edited by nhmonty
quote:
Originally posted by nhmonty:
When my son and I visited with Coach Aoki in July he showed us drawings of the new field.

As I remember they are not close to construction due to political issues witht the land.

My son did not like the campus or the school but being from the area BC is a great, great school with an excellent alumni group. I must admit I wish he had been more interested in BC.

...which makes it difficult to recruit kids who want to play on a three dimensional field.
As of the end of the college baseball season the new complex had not been approved according to discussions I had with BC parents. Despite the baseball field being a parking lot for the football field, by northeast standards it's in good shape during the baseball season.

While the BC campus is in Newton, the field is on ground over the line in Boston. How many years did it take to build a new Boston Garden? How many years was it before the Rd Sox gave up on a new stadium and rebuilt Fenway Park? How long were the Boston Patriots nomads before they almost left town and the stadium was built in Foxboro? The City of Boston is very corrupt. There needs to be some serious palm greasing before BC gets their baseball complex.
Last edited by RJM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.