Skip to main content

What an honor to be involved in such a worthwhile endeavor and actually witness fruit from my labor with my own two eyes as a small piece of the puzzle in the bigger scheme of things. I am typing this message in a business center in Tampa and must say that Reggie Williams has a list of top prospects on one team that includes many draft eligible players and all deserve a shot to be seen and evaluated by the baseball establishment. Many reps were here today and couldn't believe their eyes. Reggie Williams is doing a fantastic job here with these inner city kids he has with 60 players in all that certainly deserve consideration for grants and other support from Major League baseball and our government. There "ARE" minorities playing baseball in Tampa Bay regardless of what you have heard, every ballpark within a 30 mile radius was full of teams and players from the Gulf of Mexico back to the far east side of Tampa Bay! In my opinion, based on my observations, some of these leagues qualify for Urban League money for Inner-city needs. I know because I have been in a great deal of these parks in the past two days. It will be good for the Tampa Bay area here, and most importantly, will change lives that would not otherwise, be afforded the opportunity here in the Tampa Bay area. A mission that I am thankful to be a part of that will benefit all. Reggie is very excited about these players and looks forward to raising the necessary funds to do great things including taking a team to Jupiter next time around. Come see for yourselves! You will not believe your eyes! peace Shep
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, it looks like it's going to be a very interesting day in the MLB draft room on the first day. There will be a surprise or two. Good work out there! Good to see a true "prophet in the sandlot" is still around beating down the bushes to find gold!

Those clips over at Perfect Game's messageboard in scout talk are excellent! I liked the kid named Reginald Williams who looks like he's ready now! Durant looked good also and I already know about Turner. I'm going to see Langston this friday March 2nd at the Middleton vs Hillsborough show down. Do you think Turner is a better all-around player than Burgess? Will try to get over to Turner's game at Brandon HS as well. See you all there. Booking flights and reservations now!

Longtime player now Longtime Observer
I do believe that answer would depend on the "nature of your agenda" and the "spread the word" will also include Radio Shows Big Grin.

Painguy, Are you an associate scout for a MLB team?

peace CC
Shep

I would like to point out one overlooked part of the title for this thread for the benefit of all>
Here ya go>Title of thread: CANDIDATES for: "Biggest Surprises of the 2007 MLB Draft".
*Please notice the bold print word for future reference to this thread. Thank You
Last edited by Shepster
quote:
Originally posted by Shepster:
quote:
I would like to point out one overlooked part of the title for this thread for the benefit of all who may have missed the original title.
Here ya go, the following is the title of this thread> CANDIDATES for: "Biggest Surprises of the 2007 MLB Draft"
*Please notice the bold print word for future reference to this thread. Thank You Shep

Fair enough, but you left out the word MY.

Is this your opinion OR radio show talk?
UPDATE ON JOHN HORNKE 4/23/07

John Hornke is a power hitting SS who can run, hit and throw. Not to mention, his great work ethic and passion to go along with that great athleticism! I wonder if Cincinnati and Cleveland know about him Smile The Atlanta Braves have been very successful drafting players in the immediate area or SE Region. I believe it would work for Ohio too, in this case!

His team, Hudson High School in OH is now 12(wins)-1(loss) with a fantastic group of athletes.

In the past few games, John has done his part! In fact, John just sent a few high velocity fastballs into an orbit seldom seen by a HS player the past couple of games; and just think, a true shortstop with this kind of power who can run, as well!

http://www.hudsonexplorers.com/baseball/

THIS PLAYER HAS MY ATTENTION!!! peace shep
Last edited by Shepster
quote:
Originally posted by Shepster:
What an honor to be involved in such a worthwhile endeavor and actually witness fruit from my labor with my own two eyes as a small piece of the puzzle in the bigger scheme of things. I am typing this message in a business center in Tampa and must say that Reggie Williams has a list of top prospects on one team that includes many draft eligible players and all deserve a shot to be seen and evaluated by the baseball establishment. Many reps were here today and couldn't believe their eyes. Reggie Williams is doing a fantastic job here with these inner city kids he has with 60 players in all that certainly deserve consideration for grants and other support from Major League baseball and our government. There "ARE" minorities playing baseball in Tampa Bay regardless of what you have heard, every ballpark within a 30 mile radius was full of teams and players from the Gulf of Mexico back to the far east side of Tampa Bay! In my opinion, based on my observations, some of these leagues qualify for Urban League money for Inner-city needs. I know because I have been in a great deal of these parks in the past two days. It will be good for the Tampa Bay area here, and most importantly, will change lives that would not otherwise, be afforded the opportunity here in the Tampa Bay area. A mission that I am thankful to be a part of that will benefit all. Reggie is very excited about these players and looks forward to raising the necessary funds to do great things including taking a team to Jupiter next time around. Come see for yourselves! You will not believe your eyes! peace Shep
Let's see now.......What could constitute a late-bloomer in a baseball draft?

MLBSB(Major League Baseball Scouting Bureau) is the only ranking organization that has that kinda power

Blessings To All And To All A Good Night~Time to watch the Tree-Lighting Merry Christmas HSBBW messageboard!!!!!!! hip hip hoorayyy yayyyyy for this dayyyy!!!!!!! Sheppy
David Versus Goliath~

Who Won? I think we all know that answer

BTW, David was a Shepherd who prayed to God for power against those who came against him. Guess that's one thing that hasn't changed through the generations. Truly a righteous man will be vindicated even into the very last days of this earth, as we know it, before the old passes away and everything becomes new.

Have a good weekend board and don't forget to pray for salvation before it's too late~The biggest surprise in 2009 might be watching some of the ones you love, have persecuted and/or bashed rise up and meet God in the clouds while you're still on the ground wondering why you're not there~

In Jesus Name,
Shep
If you look at Reggie's shoulders in this clip I took in above post in Tampa a good while back, his upperbody and shoulders do have a quality seldom seen in high school hitters. Look at the clip, and focus on the upperhalve. Tell me who he looks like Wink He looks like Manny Ramirez and that is not all bad Smile His lowerhalve works extremely well, also. Not to mention, an 80 runner who reminds me of a 1992 & 1993 World Champion Toronto Blue Jay, Devon White. Cito Gaston has seen this type of player before and will recognize this power-hitting switch hitter with world class speed in Reginald Williams. No doubt, if the Angels, Mets, Nats, Rockies don't beat 'em to the punch

Matter of fact, Reginald has really come a long way! You should see him now! He's everything Baseball America see's as well as PG Cross-Checker in the rankings. In my opinion and many others, he should be MUCH HIGHER in the rankings and should have been on the AFLAC All-AMERICAN team, hands-down!

He's especially caught the attention of representatives of "ALL 30 MLB Teams" through the MLBSB as designated by Major League Baseball and the #1 scouting reporting agency for the upcoming 2009 baseball draft.

I am very proud of this fine young man, his dad, and the Dawg Pound program. They are persistent, hard-workers and dedicated to the game of baseball to the nth degree. Class acts, all the way around in this organization. Priorties and make-up, not a problem with these disciplined young men.

God Bless them this spring and please protect them.

In Jesus Name,
Shep Cares
Last edited by Shepster
quote:
If you look at Reggie's shoulders in this clip I took in above post in Tampa a good while back, his upperbody and shoulders do have a quality seldom seen in high school hitters. Look at the clip, and focus on the upperhalve. Tell me who he looks like He looks like Manny Ramirez and that is not all bad His lowerhalve works extremely well, also. Not to mention, an 80 runner who reminds me of a 1992 & 1993 World Champion Toronto Blue Jay, Devon White. Cito Gaston has seen this type of player before and will recognize this power-hitting switch hitter with world class speed in Reginald Williams. No doubt, if the Angels, Mets, Nats, Rockies don't beat 'em to the punch

You can add NYY's, SD PADRES, BALTIMORE ORIOLES, ARIZONA D'BACKS, and CHI WHITE SOX to that list, as of today Smile not just packages in the mail either Wink

Reginald is a natural center fielder and everybody knows it now. God please continue to bless young Reginald and please send your Angels to protect him. In JESUS NAME I PRAY

AMEN,
Shep

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.