Skip to main content

Goosegg posted:

"Unless you are the rare caliber player that is truly looking to go pro, always have the school you go to be a priority."

I disagree with this conclusion. If you are a player looking to go pro PLUS have a projectable MLB tool, you will be found anywhere. Your college choice is irrelevant.

The attached photo shows scouts and exec's from all 30 teams watching the baseball powerhouses of Cornell and Princeton play in 2014.

Goosegg - LOL!   I remember it like it was yesterday!  Your son pitched a whale of a game with double digit strikeouts going 8 or 9 innings.  He was throwing heat and had his pitches working that day.  Our starter was throwing heat as well.   It went 13 or 14 innings.  My son was going to start the next game, but the coach put him to close this one when we scored late.  It was the only game my son ever closed in his college career, and his last appearance.

wow- lots of info.

Regardless, I'm happy my 2019 is happy.

I would have been concerned if he was unhappy and doing baseball and hated it, or was doing it because of what someone thought that was what he was supposed to do. It didn't affect him financially  other than a plane flight and 3 months. He gave it a try, and figured it out. The Head Coach there actually thanked him and told him he respected his decision even though they did not want him to leave. They had lost 5-6 players who just left... no words, just said they were out...That coach is recruiting the 2021 now. 

I realized his mid junior year that this was likely to happen and spoke about it on here. A number of guys on here said what was likely to happen and gave advice.....it helped alot with helping him. Because thats what it's about. Helping him.

That's what your college years are about. Figuring it out. How many start after one degree and end up with another.

He got accepted to the college he wanted to go to- ( they don't have a baseball program) after trying "college baseball" out and is having a good time living his life.... 

Update:

Very proud to report 2021 has received 5 offers from everything from CC's to a D1 in the Pac 12. 

He had a great time and performed very well at the MLK tournament in AZ, followed up with visits in WA and OR.  He attended a prospect camp, absolutely crushed it, ran a 4.19 to 1st, threw FB 88,sat 86-85,CB 76-78, Exit Velo on the rapsodo at 92 and received the offer the very next day at the D1. 

Now the real process begins, I guess....

It has been a very surreal 10 days....

Last edited by Alaskan

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.