Skip to main content

Do your C’s do this? My son started to do it at 13/14u when he saw a kid trying to relay to the batter. He talked with the HS coach about a plan and they worked with the P’s on it. The problem he’s running into is the two best pitchers always get crossed up. Any recommendations on how to prevent the mixups? I told him with those pitchers he’ll need to call time and go tell them every time he needs to change the signs

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Son's college team gives him a little chart that he keeps in his hat. When he gets confused he just looks in the hat to figure out what series of signs they are using. For the longest time, I thought there was something wrong with his hat.

Having said that, I noticed this year that his high school team has gone to the same system, but it really seems to mess with the rhythm of the game, so it's something I would suggest they need to practice quite a bit.

I hope they can work on it during the fall. There were a couple times the up was drilled because the pitcher threw a fastball when a curve was called. They also lost a game because a curve was thrown instead of a fastball and went to the backstop. That one was the only ball I've seen my son let by him in 2 years. 

One change my son is going to make is in the past he would tell the pitcher what they are doing. Now he's going to ask the pitcher what he would prefer to do.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.