Skip to main content

To All My LIBERAL Friends:
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2011, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

To All My CONSERVATIVE Friends:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by 2Bmom:
quote:
To All My LIBERAL Friends:

Hey! I resemble that remark! We'll be driving the Prius over the river and through the woods tomorrow. Big Grin

Best wishes to everyone for this wonderful holiday season. I hope everyone's travels are safe, families are well, and the 2011 baseball season is the best ever!

DOAH! I meant p r o g r e s s i v e !
Today I was thinking of how much in common our Christmas down here in South Texas has with many of our Northern posters like Woody in Chicago. Just to go to town I had to put on my winter clothes--regular running shoes instead of sandals, to go with my shorts and tee shirt, start the truck before I got in it--you know, get the AC going to cool off the seats. The plummeting temperatures--it got down to 76 degrees at one point today caused us to light a fire--well actually it was my BBQ pit for an outdoor meal. Then as I drove toward town all the fields were covered in white--a late cotton crop actually, and at the stores the outdoor Santa was covered with that wet stuff--you know, sweat-- it's hot in that suit in 80 degree weather. Any way all this winter stuff--geese flying south--well to the southern part of town anyway, got me in the Christmas spirit and I just want to say--MERRY CHRISTMAS--to all the HSBBW members! Cool
Merry Christmas to all my friends here at HSBBW. May you and ALL your families have a great day and a blessed time of year.

For all of us with our kids home from school and work (pro ball etc) enjoy their time home and let us keep in mind those families with children serving in the Military who cannot be home but are protecting us.

No. It's actually what passes for a salt dome in the Palmetto State!

You guys down there may want to consider joining up...

The Show for Snow is heading to the Pacific Northwest!

Join us in Spokane for The Show for Snow!
    The 2011 APWA North American Snow & Pacific Northwest Snowfighters Conference will showcase four days of quality education programs and technical tours with opportunities to see the newest equipment and products available and to exchange ideas with manufacturers, distributors, consultants and other public works professionals.

2011 APWA North American Snow and Pacific Northwest Snowfighters Conference April 10 – 13, 2011
Spokane Convention Center Spokane, Washington

Joint APWA/PNS Snow Conference
The American Public Works Association and the Pacific Northwest Snowfighters Association have joined forces to present a combined snow conference. APWA is the public works community’s number one resource for information and expertise on winter operations, and PNS is renowned for their technical expertise in snow and ice. This partnership will bring snowfighters from across the United States and Canada together for a unique educational opportunity. Combine this with a beautiful Northwest location, and this is a conference you will not want to miss!

About APWA
The American Public Works Association is an international educational and professional association of public agencies, private sector companies and individuals dedicated to providing high quality public works goods and services. Chartered in 1938, APWA is the largest organization of its kind with an international membership totaling more than 28,000. APWA serves its members by promoting professional excellence and public awareness through education, advocacy and the exchange of knowledge. APWA’s programs, activities and initiatives propel the growth and education of the public works industry.

About PNS
The mission of the Pacific Northwest Snowfighters Association is to provide specifications for the highest quality products balancing quality of environment with providing the safest possible transportation system and maximum mobility for the public during snow and ice events, within reasonable budgetary, product performance and environmental constraints. PNS is privileged to work with the foremost pioneers in deicing technology, and their Qualified Product List has become an industry standard.

Exhibits
The combined APWA/PNS exhibit floor is shaping up to be bigger and better than ever, with more than 120 companies participating. Everything from innovative new equipment and technology to ground-breaking new products and services focused on snow & ice removal and winter operations will be on display. Come kick some tires at The Show for Snow!

Education
If you want to improve your agency’s winter maintenance program, the joint APWA/PNS Snow Conference is the place to be!

Acquire insight into the latest snow equipment and technology
    Discover new ways of interpreting weather forecasts
    Explore other agencies’ best practices
    Interpret the snow and ice alphabet soup
    Learn how to plan for effective snow and ice removal
    Network with top snow and ice experts from across North America

I'm sure the guy who heads up that "Earth in a Lurch" program will pony up for the membership dues!

Wink

Last edited by gotwood4sale

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.