Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@TPM posted:

Son verballed in Sept and signed NLI in November. Until graduation asst coach or head coach called once a week.

Your sons coaches should be calling or texting once a week now that season is over until he signs NLI and frequently thereafter to keep up with his progress.

My son verbally committed 8 months ago. (Five months to go for NLI.) And, yeah, he probably connects with the coach at least once a week. This has been going on since before he committed. They text or talk a lot. He also hears from the recruiting coach but not as much as the HC.

Sounds like this is the typical process.

Very infrequent. In the offseason it was mostly questions on our end about throwing programs and training. Over the summer it was them asking for schedules. Not much on the how are you doing end. Senior year contact picked up leading up to NLI and eligibility stuff. This is also a coach staff that 9/10 would describe as very poor communicators and I would say is pretty universally unliked by the entire roster.

Every 8 weeks maybe. Didn't think that was enough and quite frankly troublesome. P5 school.

@PABaseball posted:

Very infrequent. In the offseason it was mostly questions on our end about throwing programs and training. Over the summer it was them asking for schedules. Not much on the how are you doing end. Senior year contact picked up leading up to NLI and eligibility stuff. This is also a coach staff that 9/10 would describe as very poor communicators and I would say is pretty universally unliked by the entire roster.

Every 8 weeks maybe. Didn't think that was enough and quite frankly troublesome. P5 school.

Troublesome seems like fair concern.

After my 2022 verbally committed, his future school was playing my 2020's school in May amd the RC asked him to come up to the game thinking it was the only way they'd speak in person before the dead period ended. It was a scheduled DH.

Right before game 1 starts RC txts him saying they actually can't speak with him (or me) at all because of the dead period. Was very odd, and somewhat unnerving having the coaches leave at the end, walk past and not even acknowledging him.

Fortunately since then he's met the pitching coach in person and there's been a good amount of contact once their season ended.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.