Skip to main content

Looky here I see a dead horse a coming - let me beat it some more. I know this has been discussed on here but if this bowl season isn't the best argument for a playoff I don't know what is.

You look at these bowls and if the camera would slowly pan across the stadium and everyone sat still I believe you could count every person in attendance. When the camera's pan the stadiums and you see tumbleweeds blowing by that must be a red flag somewhere to somebody.

Plus other than one or two games I don't really care about the matchups in the bowls before the BCS ones.

If there was a playoff and whether you use current bowls or not I cannot see how the stands would not be packed.

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. Thomas Jefferson

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I used to be a playoff proponent.

And this might sound really strange...given that I'm a HUGE Cincinnati Bearcats fan and alum and no doubt they woulda had a shot if there were a playoff this year...but for the 2nd year in a row I'm about to get on a plane and travel across the country to a GIGANTIC party and a BCS game...last year in Miami, this year in New Orleans...and I absolutely LOVE IT!

If there were a playoff...I probably wouldn't go...I'd wait to see if they could make it to the finals...they probably wouldn't...and I'd miss out on all of the fun I'm about to head towards.

So...for me, the fan who just wants that one big party/game/gathering every year whenever my team deserves it...I'm for leaving it the way it is. Wink

Go Bearcats! Big Grin

Last edited by justbaseball
quote:
College Football

As an Alabama fan I'd like to say ROLL TIDE and I can't wait for January 7th. Also what in the world is going on at Florida? Urban Myer just retired for "Health Concerns." Say good bye to recruiting for the next 3 or 4 years. Thoughts?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.