Skip to main content

Busy week for the Hornets with five ODAC games.

LC hosts R-MC for two on Monday
Travels to Ferrum for a game under the lights on Tues
Travels to H-SC on Weds for a single game
Hosts EMU for two on Saturday.

Busy week with five ODAC games.
********************************************** Baseball players don't make excuses...they make adjustments.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Just spoke to my baseball-playing freshman and spoke earlier to my "almost senior"; two ends of the college baseball world on their weekly day off:

(1) The "almost senior" was up until 3 a.m., finishing a 35 page paper for a Communications class.
Now snoozing in between baseball games on ESPN.

(2) The frosh had morning classes, hit and fielded for a couple hours, in a warm 85 degrees, and was picking up the girl friend heading for the beach.

Life is tough.
Hampden-Sydney
Monday 4-2....Southern Virginia
Wed 4-4.......Lynchburg
Saturday 4-7..Emory & Henry.

H-SC defeated Southern Virginia today 13-2...Jr Todd Harrell (Nansemond Suffolk) had two doubles and a solo homer to pace the 12 hit atttack by the Tigers. Fr Ross Turner (Poquoson) had three hits while jr Kevin Hill (First Colonial) added two triples and three rbi's. Jr Brock Ward (New Kent) pick up his 1st victory on the year.

JT
I was hopefull that RM would send Lynchburg deep into your bull pin today...but that didn't happen. Two complete games in todays sweep for you guys. Big ODAC contest this Wed with Lynchburg...both teams are 7-3 in conference play. I will not be able to attend the game...work Mad..I will see you at Lynchburg next week.

fc v dad
Last edited by Former Member
CNU falls to Bridgewater, 7-3, leaving 9 runners on base, several in scoring position. Ricky Read comes up big for Bridgewater, who had 15 hits. Tidewater product freshman Quinn Bright dances in and out of trouble for Bridgewater for the win.

Time for the Captains to pick up the hitting before next week's conference tournament,and this weekend's critical games against North Carolina Wesleyan.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.