Skip to main content

Even with the DEEP FREEZE hanging around Texas and other states, who got games in?

Hardin-Simmons University hosted a weekend tournament allowing area teams to get in much needed work before conference schedules heat up. HSU opener. CSW first games due to weather & special circumstances. LCU & OBU previously opened at NAIA #8 ranked California Baptist University .

NAIA, College of the Southwest-Hobbs, NM
NAIA, Oklahoma Baptist University-Shawnee, OK
NAIA, Lubbock Christian University-Lubbock, TX, (NAIA Pre-season ranked #7)
NCAA DIII, Hardin-Simmons University-Abilene, TX

Friday 9th............Saturday 10th
CSW vs HSU 7-6...HSU vs OBU 16-14
CSW vs OBU 8-4...LCU vs CSW 5-2
LCU vs OBU 9-3....LCU vs HSU 4-2

Son got in 5 innings of work vs LCU. Showed some rust from the Thanksgiving holiday-wedding-Christmas holiday-honeymoon-New Years' holiday. Still had 3 shut-out innings, allowed 3 runs, but was strong against the top 5 in the batting order. Son was matched up against Burkburnett Blacksox 2004 summer teammate Chris Hoguin-Lubbock Estacado/Seward County JUCO/LCU. Chris allowed 1 run thru 6 & threw great. Good job Hogi!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

SPP,

Congrats to Dalton on a decent start to the season (I love this time of the year). Scott is playing at USAO... he opened against Kansas Wesleyan (NAIA) - he went 3 for 3 - 1 double, 1 rbi, 2 runs scored...even got a mention on the USAO web site. He is a right fielder now...go figure - I thought I raised 2 infielders and ended up with two college outfielders.
Last edited by berknerdad
berk, I have also been looking forward to the start of a new season. Winter cabin fever was setting in. Glad to read that USAO landed the benefits of Scott's skills. It didn't take long for the Dover's to reap the reward, huh? You can count on my following & pass on my congrats.

If you aren't traveling, HSU will be in town on 3/2 & 3/3 at UTD. Stop by & we can catch up.
Last edited by Southpaw Pop

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.