DUSTIN HUNT - 3RD BASE
MATT BOHMKE - 2ND BASE
RYAN BROWN - OF

SECOND TEAM:
JOSH MELLETT - PITCHER

HONORABLE MENTION:
PATRICK MARSHALL - 1ST BASE
DIVEN PERNIA - OF

I heard Travis Thomas of Riverbend got POY, any other honors from other schools, was not in the paper this morning?
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Here is a recap from the FLS (online) - I did not see this in the print edition:

ALBEMARLE 7, BROOKE POINT 6

Adam Utz's go-ahead single in the sixth inning capped a rally from a 5-0 deficit as the Patriots stopped the visiting Black-Hawks' Cinderella run in the Commonwealth District final.

Travis Cole, Ray Carden and David Dilegge each had two hits for eighth-seeded Brooke Point (5-17), which had upset top-seeded Stafford and Riverbend to reach the title game.

Evan Houde, Leo Sanchez (4), CHRIS DENNO (6), J.j. McDaniel (6) and Travis Cole. Rashad Talley, D. Roethgeb (3), JASON WHITE (5) and Adam Utz.
Sorry about the above post - wrong thread;-) That said, has the Commonwealth All-District Team been officially announced? I heard through the grape-vine who made it from BP, but told to wait in regards to saying anything. Last year it took an e-mail to the FLS to get them to publish the Commonwealth team. FLS print edition had the Battlefield All-District Team in today's paper.
Commonwealth District Honors via this morning's FLS:

First team:

P Daniel King (St), P Travis Thomas (Rb), C Patrick Kuhns (NS), C Matt Bohmke (St), 1b Tyler Molinaro (A), 2b Ben Esser (NS), 3b Dustin Hunt (St), SS Casey Johns (NS), OF Vince Coles (A), OF Ryan Brown (St), OF Nick Lacik (A), U Travis Thomas (RB), DH Kyle Haynes (MV).

Second team:

P Josh Mellett (St), P Tyler Molinaro (A), P Kyle Haynes (MV), C Adam Utz (A), 1b Taylor Guinn (CF), 2b David Dilegge (BP), 3b Jacob Gernhard (MV), SS Scott Forsgren (Ma), OF Gerardo Torres (NS), OF Kyle Boster (CF), OF Nick Kime (MV), U Kyle Haynes (MV), DH Sean Kennedy (NS).

Honorable mention:

P Jacob Gerhhard (MV), P Robert Gallett (NS), P Sean Kennedy (NS), C Cody Norman (CF), C Zach Harding (Rb), C Snooter Merryman (Ma), 1b Patrick Marshall (St), 2b Derek Gallelo (Rb), 3b Cameron Tubbs (Ma), SS Anthony Periera (Rb), SS Josh Sites (A), SS Travis Ferrick (CF), OF Diven Pernia (St), OF Brian Hudson (BP), OF Ethan Ferrick (CF), OF Rashad Talley (A), U Sean Kennedy, U David Dilegge (BP), U Matt Edwards (CF).
CONGRATULATIONS to each of these young men on their selection.

CONGRATULATIONS to Travis Thomas - Player of the year.

CONGRATULATIONS to Tommy Harrison - Coach of the year.

It is quite an accomplishment to be named at any level, well deserved by ALL. Earned most definetly through a lot of hard work, fine coaching and effort over the years.

I would LOVE to see a state wide tournament made up of the players selected to 1st & 2nd team from each district throughout the state. The games would be 9 inning, double elimination.

The head coach would be the coach of the year, in this case Tommy Harrison.

It's just a guess, but I bet this group of players would really enjoy playing together after competing so hard against each other all year long and in many cases competing against each other at the high school level for 3-4 years.

Would have liked to include the Honorable mention on the teams as well, but I don't think their would be enough innings.

Again, congratulations to all!
Last edited by Flying Dutchman
quote:
Congratulations to Coach Tommy Harrison and good luck in the regional contest. It will be interesting to see how Stafford does next year as they have alot of Seniors moving on.....

Stafford does indeed lose some talent to graduation, but good coaches, in good programs seem to fill the voids and continue on the path of success.

Coach Harrison is very deserving of Coach of the Year in the Commonwealth. It was about as easy as Houston for POY in the Battlefield.

IMO as long as Coach Harrison is at the helm Stafford will continue to be at the top for many years to come.
Last edited by Flying Dutchman

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.