Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've been looking at some of these schools for my non-baseball son.  The schools in the NCAC are all really great liberal arts colleges.  The baseball is variable, but the top teams in the NCAC are often nationally ranked.  Schools in the AMCC do not have the same academic nor baseball standing.  But, since some of them are state schools, they should be cheaper.

I recently found that Forbes has a database in which they grade the financial health of colleges:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/s...vid/?sh=7b689d7f4916

Meaning, how likely are they to cut programs or close completely for financial reasons?  NCAC schools are mostly graded A, but none are terrible.  AMCC schools are either state schools or not in good financial shape.

I can speak to the baseball aspect of NCAC - Wooster and Denison.  They are very good baseball programs.  My son had very good interest from Wooster and loved the assistant coach (now I think HC).  They were in his dugout at Headfirst and told him they loved him, but my son was already heading in a different direction.  My son played against Wooster on his spring trip to Florida this year, and the HC remembered him, which was pretty cool (2+ years later). Denison was at the same tournament and had an excellent team again.  My son's entire college pitching career and first college action (minus 1/3 inning a few weeks later) was against Denison, ranked #15 at the time.  He pitched 3.1, 1 run, 4k's, and no walks.  That is now basically his final line for college baseball, his other outing allowed no runs....   Kenyon is an excellent school with a super athletic center.  My son's good friend was recruited by them, visited and loved the school but chose Tufts.  Not sure if your son is speaking to any of those three, but there are great reasons to go to any of them.   

The following won’t help for baseball. Not many players can go from D3 to D1, especially the Big Ten and ACC. It will help,academically.

The Penn State-**** and Pitt-**** schools are part of the state university system. The system has what is called the 2+2 plan. A student can go to a sub campus for two years, do well academically and transfer to Penn State or Pitt main campuses.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.