Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yardrats. "Dallas Bulls" werent great last year, but have added a lot of talent, so i have herd. You cant argue with coach Rick Geer's evaluation of talent. He will be coaching the 16 yr. old, who I believe beat the Knights 16's in the fall, am I right Knights GM ? So I wouldn't be suprised to see this team do better than expected, they also work out at the yardrats indoor facility.

Mustangs still off at Lonestar, or are they going to join everyone else in BBI this season ?

Natural, You are saying that the 14 y/o DBAT team from last year, is going to be the best team in the 16&U division ??? My pick would be Dallas Tigers. Very strong 15 y/o team last year.

Bob
Last edited {1}
DBAT had two great teams at 14u last year. They should again have a good team, BUT.....kids grow and get stronger at different rates. Those kids that were studs on DBAT last year may just be another good player this year.

From what I hear, the Tigers should have a pretty dang strong team this year.

Also, I think the best 14U team in the nation (or at least in Texas) last year (the ones we saw) was the Bandito's out of Houston. LowNaway who used to post on here quite a bit has a son that played for thaem.
Natural,

The DBAT 15's will be playing in a league this summer? I thought they focused on tournament play. I agree that they will have an excellent year -- ok, I have a bit of a personal bias. But I agree with Kellerdad in that the 15 y.o. team (any 15's) will have a tough time keeping up with the best 16's around (Dallas Tigers, Sam's 16 "A-team", Patriots, etc). JMO.

Knight GM, how will your 16's stack up? Is the roster set? Is it available on your website?

-PD
I don't know of the Bulls by name but Coach Geer's reputation is excellent. As for the Tigers 15 from last summer, they pretty much disbanded over the winter and the Tigers 16 is starting from scratch this year. Don't know how strong they will be. Heard they had their first tryouts last weekend and that's getting into the recruiting action a little late for the top kids @ the 16&U level. Knights, Mustangs and DBAT have pretty much already got their 16 year-old rosters filled.

DBAT 16 picked up 5 or 6 of those Tigers 15s and the rest scattered between the Knights 16, the Mustangs 16 and others. No argument here that DBAT has one of the top 16s this year but I wouldn't put the Tigers 16 in that top group in 2004 just yet.

www.dallasknightsbaseball.com
PDAD -

Without a doubt our 2004 16s are more talented than last year and maybe better than our 2002 AABC MM Champs. It's hard to say how the younger kids will stack up from year-to-year because you never know how good the other teams will be. More intangibles than in the 18&U group. In 2003 the Texas Stars had the best 16 team in the country and could have easily played with the 18s but they're moving up so who knows for sure this early?

As for our roster - is it ever really set? We're always looking for that elusive 6'6" 220 lb LHP in the mid 90's. Haven't found him yet but you gotta leave a spot open just in case.....

www.dallasknightsbaseball.com
Knights GM:
"I wouldn't put the Tigers 16 in that top group in 2004 just yet."

That my be true, but its hard to ever count them out, they always field a great team. I don't see that being any different this year, I think good ball players will turn up at some of those Tigers tryouts and they should be around the top 5.

I agree with pantherdad and kellerdad, in that most 15's are not going to compete with the better 16's. Its just the way it is. Has a pure 15 y/o team won in the 16&U division in the last 10 years ?

I think there is no doubt that the 16&U BBI division this season should be very strong, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Bob
P Dad & Chad H... yes, DBAT teams (both 15 & 16) will play in BBI this year as well as travel to tournaments. With the shortened summer season after HS ball you just about have to play league to get 60-65 games in.

Cade Griffis (owner) will coach the 15's (with assistance from Dave Parker) and I believe Chris Edelstein is coaching the 16's. As noted, many of the players from the 15 year old Tigers have joined the 16 year old DBAT team. The 15's remain pretty much intact from last season with the addition of a few players from the now disbanded Texans.

I can vouch for the 15's that they will be a top notch squad ---- competitive in the BBI league --- and very tough to beat in age pure tournament competition. At the end of last season we learned they were a better team on the 60/90 field when we went to Arizona. A very fast bunch...
Bob15,

The Mustangs (15's) did join the BBI fall league last season and did quite well. And they won the post season tournament also. But we will be going back to Lone Star this year.
Does your son play with the Bulls/Yardrats team??? I know them quite well, but I don't share the same opinion of them as you do. Let's just say that the name Bull is a good name for them! LOL
quote:
Originally posted by Hit & Run:
Bob15,

The Mustangs (15's) did join the BBI fall league last season and did quite well. And they won the post season tournament also. But we will be going back to Lone Star this year.
Does your son play with the Bulls/Yardrats team??? I know them quite well, but I don't share the same opinion of them as you do. Let's just say that the name Bull is a good name for them! LOL

It was the 16yo Mustang team that won the tournament at the end of the season.

And I wasn't excited about the caliber of talent in the BBI Fall season.
Last edited {1}
quote:
Originally posted by Natural:
KellerDad--- yes, "Big Ray and the Banditos" were a very good team last season. Loudest anyway! Seriously, we played them twice and split --- won one and lost one. Then they went to Oklahoma and got beat in USSSA and we went to AZ for Super Series 60/90 and won 10 of 11 and won the title.

Big Ray is a hoot. That man doesn't know what Quiet is.

Yes, they didn't fare well in OK, but they won Super Series in Houston, IIRC.

The Texan kids will be a great addition to DBAT. We played with a bunch of them early this fall, great kids.

Arlington Heat will have a good team this year as well. Completely restructured team with a bunch of talent.
Hit&Run:

No I dont have a boy playing for the Bulls/Yardrats, but have buddy whos son does, so thats where I got this from. I do know for a fact that they get exceptional coaching over there, but as far as top notch ? Who knows till the season starts ? But according to my buddy & his son, they have done a very nice recruiting job this season. noidea

Bob
quote:
Originally posted by KellerDad:
DBAT had two great teams at 14u last year. They should again have a good team, BUT.....kids grow and get stronger at different rates. Those kids that were studs on DBAT last year may just be another good player this year.

From what I hear, the Tigers should have a pretty dang strong team this year.

Also, I think the best 14U team in the nation (or at least in Texas) last year (the ones we saw) was the Bandito's out of Houston. LowNaway who used to post on here quite a bit has a son that played for thaem.

DBAT did split with the Banditos last year.
None of the fall leagues offer tremendous competition -- it's the nature of the beast. Kids are in showcase leagues, football, taking a break, etc. For younger kids, it provides a good opportunity to offer new challenges -- play against older kids, work on new things, etc. We used this past fall to play on a 90' field for the first time (as a 14 yr old), against older kids....an evaluation of sorts.

BBI, despite mediocre competition from top to bottom, does provide decent organization and there are usually 3-4 teams that are strong.

JMO.
As far as the 16 year old age group goes, I would venture to say that no one can really claim who the number one team is until they have seen everyone play (like usual). I heard the Dallas Knights, DBAT, and the Dallas Mustangs should be the top teams in and around DFW. A lot of players have "shifted" teams so it will make for a very interesting summer.

A side note on the Banditos- Why can't DeLeon ever keep a team past their 14 yr old year?
Just for fun. These are the teams that i know will be in BBI 16&U so far. What are some of your preseason predictions for how it will all end up.

These are the teams, in no order.

Knights 15 - Always a good team but young.
Tigers 15 - Same as knights but i would expect better
DBAT 15 - dont know but you people are saying they will be good so I will go with you.
DR Athletics 15 - 2nd to last, last year, wouldnt look to be much better
Knights 16 - will be top of the pack
Patriots - same as knights 16
Bulls - kind of a well kept secret i think, who knows
Stallions- New kids on this team every season, so who knows who the stallions picked up this year
Braves brand new team, understand they have a few old knights, and some old knights coaches ???
Chaparrals- New team
DBAT 16 - Same as Knights and Tigers 16
DR Athletics 16 - werent good last year, why should they be this year.

Bob
FYI --- The "Tigers 15" listed on the BBI website is last year's 14-year-old Home Run Alley Cats (pretty good team as well).

Tommy is trying to expand his base for future recruiting by adding a second team. Don't know if the real Tigers (last year's 14-year-old Tigers coached by Linty Ingram) will play BBI this year or not.
Last edited {1}
kNIGHTS15 dONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM BUT SEEM TO PUT GOOD TEAMS ON THE FEILD EACH YEAR
TIGERS15 WERE VERY GOOD AT 14 WILL COMPETE WELL AGAIN THIS YEAR
Dbat15 as solid at the 14 year old level as anyone in the nation should be even better with the addition some of the 14 year old Texans that rumor has it they picked up. Just need to put a sock in Kermit's mouth. Just kidding he is a good guy.
D.R.Ath. Darrel is a good coach but wealth is spread to thin!!!!!
Knights 16 Competed well Last year at 15 should do even better this year.
PATS. never know what Logan will bring to the table???
Bulls. Rick Geer will always be tough
Stallions Who knows about Barrina???????
Braves Dont know much about them.
Chapps. Your guess as good as mine. new team new organizatin
DBAT16 if anything like 15 will be good
D.R. Ath16 Who knows who is on roster.(i`m Broke)
Studentofthegame,

Upchurch and Geer are the coaches for the 16's.
I dont know much about the teams talent, but I know these coaches and they want to win and know their baseball, so im gonna go out and say that this team might suprise some people.

Buntster,

Barina consistantly has teams that will compete, I dont know how he does it, but he finds kids.

Bob
Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.