Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by madmacks:
GEEEEEEZE...Do any of you folks have a real job? I think Obama and McCain could use several of you on their teams as you all can spin things in all kinds of directions!!! I'm starting my own organization now called the misfits...giving a home to all those left out in the cold and still want to play ball!!! LOL. HAHAHAHAHA

Really, where are these kids going to go? Is DBAT planning on make 7+ teams to accompany them all?
quote:
Originally posted by marshals.rule:
So what we have is strickly a business decision. An opportunity to corner the market and hopefully make some money.

So it will just come down to: does everyone want to help them build their name and their business?

You'd think some of you people don't live in the real world or you're naive to it. Not many things are free and outside of doing things for family and friends, many decisions are business decision.

That doesn't mean simply "...help them build their name and their business." Business is about reciprocal value. Businesses that offer value to someone, i.e. customers succeed. Those that don't fail. If DBat-Mustangs provide value to someone, i.e. players, parents, scouts, etc. They will succeed. If not, they'll fail. Do you shop WalMart? You're helping them "...build their name and their business." In return, you get good prices. You don't want to shop WalMart - then don't.

Business is not a crime. Don't act like it is and don't like someone can make a business decision that still provides substantial value to the businesses constituents. That's what good business is.

You want something else - stick with somebody's daddy.
And I'll say it before anyone else - Who's ur Daddy?

End soap box.

.rockdad.
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Guthrie:
quote:

It seems as if one team will end up extra stacked, with the other two just being stacked.

That's the way it is today really.

And remember, the first DBAT team that went to Farmington was probably the less talented of all the bunches.

Talent only gets you so far as we all know.

I personally think the merger will work fine as I really see no change.

Sam will surely coach a team.

Rusty I'm sure will be back.

Sharp will be around.

And that young boy Dillon is already getting geared up.

Cade and Shayne will defend their creation like they've always done.

The Tigers internet clan will still drink hateraide.

Tommy's kids will still swing it with authority.

DBAT Mustangs will have the arms.

SWAC will have DBAT Mustang hats to pass out at local elementry schools.

All while Kyle sits back with a big cigar and a smile on his face.

I'll just chime in quickly, without saying too much.

The one problem I see possibly occurring with this (that no one else has mentioned as far as I can tell-I haven't read every thing in every post) is team atmosphere (I can't really decide on a good word here, but hopefully the rest will make it more clear). Maybe it's not that important, but I think it is. If kids are going to a new team each year once they are 14 or 15, I think this idea (or team) gets lost. Sure this won't happen for some kids, but others it will, and I think it can affect the entire team. There is something to be said for being a team. I'd like to know if this new organization is planning on assembling what they feel is the best team every year at that level, or if they try to assemble the best at a given age and let the group stay together with minimal changes?

Of course it all comes down to what the player and parents are wanting out of the deal.

Who knows if I'm making any sense, school starts in over a week.
Last edited by Dtiger
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Crude:
Still comparing this project to East Cobb.

What has changed? The facility? Where is it? Is it some new place that just opened with enough baseball fields, cages and bullpens to support 15 - 25 teams?

You have the same problem we've always had here in North Texas. There's plenty of talent, lot's of great teams and organizations with good baseball men in charge, but no facility.

Our teams have recycled the same players from team to team. I've read here a hundred times how these players have played for the Tigers, then the Patriots, the Mustangs, the Marshals, Team Kelly, etc...

DBAT has a hard time housing the teams it hosts now. What do you think will happen when they double or triple the amount of people in the organization?

I know why guys like Shayne are interested in this merger. I know he's coming from "living the dream" that never came true, but is he going to get the resources he needs from DBAT?

I know how serious he is about recruiting the best players... as evidenced by the recent email solicitations to players currently with the Marshals, (nice ethical move taking proprietary information like that with you) and the try outs he's holding for the Mustangs, oops Marshals, at Parish this weekend.

The DBAG Mustangs may be one of the last organizations standing in a few years, but nobody is reinventing the wheel here. It's the same old thing, and when there are less options we'll all be paying twice as much as we are now.

TC... maybe I'm Captain obvious here but isn't some of the reasons you see kids migrating from one team to the next is they think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. I.E. better coaching better exposure, etc... My son went from the Heat to the A's and now the Mustangs. All of these moves made him a better person and ball player. He made new friends and had two of the best coaches I've seen in my 40 years of playing and coaching. If the merger means quality coaching quality management and quality marketing how can a parent or player complain ???
Every family has to make their own decision regarding their child's select baseball experience.

If your player is currently a Marshal or a Tiger or any other team, and you are happy with the organization, why would you leave or have a problem with this merger...it doesn't affect you, nor does it drive up any costs to you.
As far as that goes, this merger was just announced, so we don't know yet how it will impact the area baseball, if it does at all.

Regarding the recruiting of players on other teams, PLEASE Roll Eyes. That has gone on forever and will continue. No one is sticking a gun to anyone else's head and forcing them to do anything. All a player has to tell them is "No, I am happy where I am."

Regarding the facility, I believe the announcement stated that they want to build one soon, but as most people are aware, privately run baseball facilities are a tough financial venture without the proper planning and investing.

I don't think anyone said they were reinventing the wheel here. As a matter of fact, Cade specifically said he was loosely copying the East Cobb model. No, there is no baseball complex (yet), but at least these guys are stepping up, putting aside any past differences, and trying something new.

You can choose to be a part of it or not, but I don't see where anyone shuld have any complaints. Time will tell whether it will succeed or fail, but with these guys track record, I am betting it will succeed.
"Everything has to start somewhere, everything is constantly changing, and everyone is not going to be happy with every decision that is made."

These are words uttered by John Hancock, about our country and our severing ties from Great Brittan. Very few thought this was a good idea, but they stayed the course and things seemingly worked out ok.
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Crude:
Captain Obvious?

PLayers leave for greener pastures all the time. What I was trying to illustrate, and you helped, is that there's not that much difference. You leave Team A to go to Team B and there you are with three or four players from Team A that are now on Team B.

You leave coach #1 with the Red Organization to play for coach #2 w/ the Blue Organization, then coach #1 is coaching for the Blue team organization.

(Even Catcher is back with the Mustangs)

None of these organizations are offering anything new. They're just repackaging the same old merchandise.

The players are recycled, the coaches are recycled, the organization sales pitch is the same from A to Z, and nobody's getting rich from youth baseball, but everyone has their hand out to collect what they can, and the dimes are adding up for us parents.

tychco,

"Regarding the recruiting of players on other teams, PLEASE . That has gone on forever and will continue."

Talking to players and parents in the parking lot, or asking them for a contact for solicitaion is one thing. Taking a contact list from one company to another company, is okay with you because everyone does it? Not everyone.

So TC... what you are saying is the coaches are moving like the players ??? I think Capenter and Sharp have been with the Mustangs since the Civil War give or take a few years.

If the cost becomes too expensive, I'm sure there are multiple organizations that are lot cheaper than the ones getting bashed in this blog.

I also agree with you about the pirating of lists. Its done every day in every type of business... I'm not saying I agree with it but it does happen.

And yes all the organizations get lists of other teams players and solicite them. I have gotten these calls on behalf of my son personally.
None of this matters anyways........

Team, schmeme, horse feathers.

The goal is to get drafted and make millions of dollars.

If that doesn't work, Division 1 full ride or bust.

Poopoo on good teams, very good teams, or just teams in general.

It's all about the individual and self promotion in my opinion.

As long as my son gets to the top, I don't care what team it's with.

If the DBAT Mustangs offer us the most incentives, that's where we'll be.

If not, we'll just buy our way with the best lessons money can buy.

And if that doesn't work, I'll just get on the internet and let you know how he was treated unfairly.

Got to go, just got 3 invites to the Perfect Premier Super Serious Series of the World Event.

Only "special" players get these invites.
Last edited by Ken Guthrie
quote:

And if that doesn't work, I'll just get on the internet and let you know how he was treated unfairly.

Got to go, just got 3 invites to the Perfect Premier Super Serious Series of the World Event.

KG... I laughed when I read this and then went, wait a minute he just described a whole bunch of parents I know...
Last edited by Maverick0714
quote:

Texas Crude and Ball Boy I am making myself available tomorrow between 2:00pm – 4pm so you can call me. I will answer every question you ask. My parents and players will also get a chance to hear every detail that we have not covered soon.

My number is 972-387-3228 if for any reason I do not answer please leave a message and I will call you back within 15 minutes.

Ken do not call I will not answer any of your questions, due to we will have plenty of time to talk around the camp fire.
I have stayed out of the mix all summer because there didn't seem to be any profit in it to post here to my son's effort to play at the next level.....that and I have been to busy traveling with work to really pay attention.

But this thread and the topic of DBAT and The Mustangs merging has caused me to stop and think about it.....

This might be a good thing because I can see the two tiers of teams for each age group having extactly the players they want and developing those players as a team and not changing the parts to any large extent. Players will still change teams and players will be picked up as needed and as the CM rules allow but it might be less of an event and more of an understood process.

I am sure there will be plenty of talented players that don't try-out for the new entity and will play for the many other good teams like the Tigers or the Team D group, Patriots and A's etc.....and the Marshals...

Hey Catcher, where will the Catfish play?

I hope that they are sucessfully in acquiring the land and resources needed to build a East Cobb like Complex because then a lot of talent will be coming to Dallas looking for teams to play and play on. If that happens all the DFW teams will benefit and our players will be playing against the best a lot more.

Iron sharpen Iron.
Same ol' thing the hundredth time around. Teams have merged, and teams have come and gone (anyone remember DPA? What was that manager's name? The guy w/ all of the freckles?) DANG I'm getting old!

There will always be teams for kids and young men to play on, as long as people volunteer their time to help them. Some have enough demand to be paid for their time. Some want the best team they can put together. Some want to make a little change to help with some of their expenses. Some want to help as many kids as possible without regard to their own record or pocket book. Don't see a problem with any of it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.