Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by 4NEEBBALL:
Generally speaking it is never heard from other teams playing each other even if the game is lopsided.

4NEEBBALL: You should really get out more. I have NO dog in this hunt and have attended many games this year both 5A and 4A and this type of behavior does go on every week. I believe the difference is that the intensity level of the fans of Poteet just magnifies the issue. And I've only seen one or two other teams on here that air their dirty laundry. Just don't be foolish enough to think that this doesn't exist elsewhere.
Let them say whatever it is they want to say. We have beat them 9 out of the last 11 times we have played. If it makes them feel better to call us classless then let them knock themselves out. Time to move on and focus on winning district and making a deep run in the playoffs. Take care of business and we will face Red Oak with a 2 game lead. That's all that should matter now. At least for the Poteet fans.
quote:
originally posted by NuffSaid: Just don't be foolish enough to think that this doesn't exist elsewhere.

4NEE
Why don't I come by and pick you up Friday and lets go to the Marcus vs. Flower Mound game. I bet that one is going to be fun to watch. Because neither one of our teams is playing anybody this Friday. We can have a few beers before the game and just have some good ole fashion fun.
Last edited by The Beast
quote:
Originally posted by go pirates:
Let them say whatever it is they want to say. We have beat them 9 out of the last 11 times we have played. If it makes them feel better to call us classless then let them knock themselves out. Time to move on and focus on winning district and making a deep run in the playoffs. Take care of business and we will face Red Oak with a 2 game lead. That's all that should matter now. At least for the Poteet fans.

You're right...Forney has lost 9 out of the last 11 games vs Poteet. Now let's see if we can remember the 2 times that Forney DID win...oh yea, they won when it mattered most. With the UIL format of playoffs, all a team needs to do is win enough district games to make it to the playoffs and that's when it matters most. WOW bet that still stings to bring up that series. Forney won when it MATTERED MOST.
quote:
Originally posted by bball37:
quote:
Originally posted by go pirates:

You're right...Forney has lost 9 out of the last 11 games vs Poteet. Now let's see if we can remember the 2 times that Forney DID win...oh yea, they won when it mattered most. With the UIL format of playoffs, all a team needs to do is win enough district games to make it to the playoffs and that's when it matters most. WOW bet that still stings to bring up that series. Forney won when it MATTERED MOST.
Last edited by Panther Fan
quote:

Your right. I will probably loose about 30 seconds of sleep thinking about that tonight. How much longer did Forney last that season? Wasn't it Waco Midway that sent y'all packing in the very next round? How far did Forney go the year before that cause I don't remember seeing y'all while we were in Austin playing for a state championship. How far did Forney get last year? It really doesn't MATTER at all unless you win the last game of the season and that game is in June. So yeah, your comment really hurt and left a mark. Hope we see y'all when it MATTERS.
unfortunately, i've been at school all day today and couldn't have my say earlier today. but anyway. i am going to try my best to give an unbiased opinion on last night's game (coming from one of the loud PHS student fans). as for on the field, i can't say i truly know much about that. it's impossible to hear and see everything from up in the stands.. i'm sure they all talked trash to each other, but that's competition! don't worry about what goes on out there. if there was anything really bad enough, the umpires would step in. as far as what went down in the bleachers, we definitely dominated the Forney fans. shoot, our boys probably felt like it was a home game! yeah, we were talking trash, but that's how we do!!! we're in it to win it, and we are relentless! i hope your boys enjoyed the occasional golf clap you gave 'em. yall's fans just got destroyed by ours, period. and it clearly had an effect on the players. P.S. - We have plenty of K's. Smile
4NEEBBALL you posted this statement earlier
"Forney must make a move at shortstop or they cannot expect to play with top teams like Poteet."

I know you follow the Jackrabbits pretty close so is there someone else on the team that could step in and play shortstop or do you think there is someone on the JV that should be playing? I haven't gotten to see them play much this year so I was just wondering. Know there's a new coach this year so maybe he isn't aware of someone else to put there since the current shortstop is a carryover from last year.
quote:
Originally posted by bball37:
Wouldn't put it past Poteet to send in a sub just to throw at the fans, knowing that he'd probably be tossed, and just replace him again with the starter having never missed a play.

No accusations here just thinking out loud.

bball: why not just let the starter who's had to listen to all the **** from the parents and fans all night chunk one over there? I mean if you've got the game in hand AND a replacement off the bench, why not let the starter have the satisfaction?

Just thinking out loud! Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by hardnosedgamer55:
Shoot, don't worry about it! We should be discussing how much class Poteet doesn't have just like the rest of this board! Only joking of course Smile

Yes, instead of 15-4A, this thread should be renamed to "Poteet...classless?". Or maybe someone should create a LIST of all the classless teams. No, that list would take up too much bandwidth. Hey, kinda like this thread.

Hope everyone has a peaceful rest of the week.
Have any of you played or been a fan at the college level? Poteet does all season what most only do during the playoffs and that is show intence school spirit. But those who have not been fortunate enough to be in this situation can not understand the intence school spirit that Poteet has. It amazes me that after the game these kids talk and are friends but you parents are still going on about this stuff. When its done its done. All that counts is who won on the field...and that bwould be Poteet hands down
quote:
Originally posted by wizard123:
Have any of you played or been a fan at the college level? Poteet does all season what most only do during the playoffs and that is show intence school spirit. But those who have not been fortunate enough to be in this situation can not understand the intence school spirit that Poteet has. It amazes me that after the game these kids talk and are friends but you parents are still going on about this stuff. When its done its done. All that counts is who won on the field...and that bwould be Poteet hands down
Wow, when this thread started on January 25th I didn't know what to expect. I am impartial since my son is in 10-4a. This has been the greatist, most entertaining thread this year, and I use the word "entertaining" loosely. It has become my nightly fix. So far in 2010 it beats every other thread soundly. Compared to the 2009 threads, only the 2009 Coppell parents can come close. Who is winning this thread as of today, my vote has to go to ... Poteet! Sorry Forney but you guys still have three weeks in the season to prove me wrong. The Poteet posters are creative but yet they back it up with tradition, fact and a dash of good old fashion red neck comedy. Plus, their student fans are maniacal, loud, proud, and systematically know how to drive the other team crazy One vote for Poteet, anyone else voting?
[quote]I know you follow the Jackrabbits pretty close so is there someone else on the team that could step in and play shortstop or do you think there is someone on the JV that should be playing?

XXPlayBallXX
I am not saying the current SS can't get the job done I am saying he is not. There are times you need to make a change. I followed Forney for years and as with most teams you need to have a very god athlete at ss. I have seen the coach move almost every player on the team to different positions to find the right combination...ie McEuen from 2nd to 3rd a totally new position for a returning All District 2nd baseman with good results, Eatherly from 3rd to CF which also worked. Maybe the JV ss is the answer I don't know he is supposed to be very good defensively. maybe move Eatherly back to ss or 3rd and McEuen to ss. Until Forney can turn simple double plays instead of extending innings they are in trouble against good teams. The ss is only hitting in the low 200s so offensively a move won't hurt. I am just a sideline 2nd guesser as are most fans. My son played here quite a few years ago and I just like to follow the team and I have some friends with boys playing. I would like to see a little better team on the field. maybe this is all they have?
I am not saying the current SS can't get the job done I am saying he is not. There are times you need to make a change. I followed Forney for years and as with most teams you need to have a very god athlete at ss. I have seen the coach move almost every player on the team to different positions to find the right combination...ie McEuen from 2nd to 3rd a totally new position for a returning All District 2nd baseman with good results, Eatherly from 3rd to CF which also worked. Maybe the JV ss is the answer I don't know he is supposed to be very good defensively. maybe move Eatherly back to ss or 3rd and McEuen to ss. Until Forney can turn simple double plays instead of extending innings they are in trouble against good teams. The ss is only hitting in the low 200s so offensively a move won't hurt. I am just a sideline 2nd guesser as are most fans. My son played here quite a few years ago and I just like to follow the team and I have some friends with boys playing. I would like to see a little better team on the field. maybe this is all they have?[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the family of the shortstop knows you are trashing their kid for the entire blog community to see???
I am not stating anything you either can't find on the hsgametime site ( avg,. era, etc. )or if you were watching the game when the E's go up. Read any sports game recap and it states what happened whether it be runs from hits, errors or passed balls. If a pitcher walks too many or gives up a game winning HR do they keep it a secret? No. It is very public. Maybe we should all have a hug. Too many sensitive people on here.

I think I like the banter with the Poteet fans better than this. The "Beast" is at least combatively fun.
What's all the fuss about. This thread should read Poteet Baseball. This team stands out, they might not have area leaders in some categories, but when you are more of a complete team than all the rest, who cares. Yeah Forney will make the playoffs and two others(who cares), but what matters is district champion and a deep playoff run and that spells POTEET. Very lackluster district competition here.
quote:
Originally posted by 4NEEBBALL: I think I like the banter with the Poteet fans better than this. The "Beast" is at least combatively fun .

I knew you would come around. Heck when we play Red Oak in a couple of weeks I will come by and pick you up and you can go help cheer clapping us on to victory against those Hawks.

quote:
combatively

Man you have got to start using words us Rednecks can understand, remember I went to school here in Mesquite. We didn't study English after the 8th grade back in the day. And I know Forney only had one school and one teacher back then for all grades. So you must of went to school in HP or Richardson.
quote:
Posted April 08, 2010 10:14 PM Hide Post
You're right, very lackluster district competition, but from what I've seen of Poteet they WON'T make a "deep playoff run".

Oh man that hurt bad. cry Your district ain't much better than ours is this year besides HP and Rockwall. Who in there is any good? District 9-4A is the best 4A district in our area. You know we won your district the last 2 years we were in it. And we have won 39 district games in a row dating back to 2007.
Heath is a very good team and should win state. Especially with Baune and the two sophomores in the line up.
Oh yeah and one other thing. Heath has never ever beaten Poteet yet. Razz

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.