Skip to main content

If Forney finishes third in district, they would play at 16-4a runner up (Cleburne or Ennis now).

Both Forney and Poteet would have to win first two rounds and meet 3rd round regional quarterfinal.

District 15 has to play at District 16 this year.
1st at 4th.
2nd at 3rd.
3rd at 2nd.
4th at 1st.

Keep up with the standings and games and you can figure out who your opponent might be.
Red Oak beat Terrell 7-4 in 8 innings. Game was won in top of the 8th on one of the greatest hustle plays I've ever seen! With runners on 2nd and 3rd, soph. Brandon McMillion hits a groundball to the 2nd baseman. After hauling down the lown, McMillon beat it out to allow the run to score! Then he swiped 2nd allowing another to score! It truly was an excellent effort, that's the way the game is suppose to be played. J. McKormick was 3-3, and J
ake Ashford had a clutch double in the 7th. T. Wallis started going only 2, Tanner Milke threw 2, Brent Fletcher was untouchable for 2. Garett Thomas finished it out for his first appearance of the season throwing the 7th and 8th. It was an excellent defensive performance by Terrell as well!
quote:
Originally posted by go pirates:
Red Oak will be able to bring everything they have since they don't play Forney till the 30th. It will be loud and hostile and should be a fun game to watch. Friday, April 23rd at 7:30pm in Red Oak. I'm going to go against the grain and say that the team that gives up the fewest runs will win.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully i can get out there for that one seems like a pretty big rivalry. Who is pitching for who in this one?
Of course Poteet fans are sand bagging. Poteet won't throw Blunt against Red Oak just in case they get beat they will have an excuse. I will be cheering for Poteet this time since I want Red Oak to have another loss coming into Forney, but it kind of makes me sick to do it.
Does anyone have any info on what happened at Waxahachie on saturday I understand it got ugly for Forney?
quote:
Originally posted by 4NEEBBALL:
Of course Poteet fans are sand bagging. Poteet won't throw Blunt against Red Oak just in case they get beat they will have an excuse. they will have an excuse. I will be cheering for Poteet this time since I want Red Oak to have another loss coming into Forney, but it kind of makes me sick to do it.
Does anyone have any info on what happened at Waxahachie on saturday I understand it got ugly for Forney?

Really, excuses??? We all know that is your expertise!!!

Anyways, who is in line to throw forney/red oak game?
quote:
Originally posted by 4NEEBBALL: I will be cheering for Poteet this time since I want Red Oak to have another loss coming into Forney, but it kind of makes me sick to do it.

Please don't cheer for us.
You might try taking some Midol for your sickness.
If we get beat it will be because of the playing surface or maybe Red Oak out played us.
But first we have to get by Terrell.
Last edited by The Beast
go pirates- i would very much like for us not to say "so the pressure will be off Friday" because, there's NO WAY we're going to risk giving up our district win streak just because we've already clinched.
PHS Fan- oh yes, Justin Burris is his name. he's a beast. we've been resting him all season for friday.
trouble- yes, Blunt did throw both Forney games haha. also, in your recent posts, you seemed pretty neutral as to what you thought about us, and that post there just makes you seem against us. so i no longer like you.
4NEE- i never liked you anyway. take The Beast's advice. haha.
chuck and Beast- <3
quote:
Limo in place to pick Jerry Springer up....check
Michael Buffer there to announce the game....check
Built in excuses packed in case we loose....check
Classless suitcase packed full......check
Bubba teeth in so Red Oak can call us rednecks....check
I think we are ready. Let's get ready to rumble.

wait wait... you forgot to pack your Jeff Foxworthy book... You Might Be a Redneck...
quote:
Originally posted by Maverick0714:
quote:
Limo in place to pick Jerry Springer up....check
Michael Buffer there to announce the game....check
Built in excuses packed in case we loose....check
Classless suitcase packed full......check
Bubba teeth in so Red Oak can call us rednecks....check
I think we are ready. Let's get ready to rumble.

wait wait... you forgot to pack your Jeff Foxworthy book... You Might Be a Redneck...

Oh... and your Wife Beater Tshirt... gotta have that for the game... lol
go pirates;
you don't remember the rain? You don't think Red oak would do anything like that do you, especially when playing their buds the pirates...ha

A really disastrous night for Forney, bad base running, a couple of costly errors, pitcher struggled along with a young good hitter not knowing how to hit a curve ball, and the 200+ avg hitters showing they are just that, 200+ hitters. Poor base running also hurt.I wonder why the coach didn't bring in someone to close the game when it was obvious the pitcher was struggling? An all around bad night for Forney, if not for the 3 seniors and the catcher forney would have no offense. My opinion is if you are a mid to low 200 hitter you need to sit and try someone else once in a while. The team needs help in the middle of the line up. The Red Oak game is really huge now.

By the way thanks Poteet for the help, wow that hurt to say!!
The first thing I thought about was the rain and never would have questioned it except every inch of the field including the Red Oak bullpen was bone dry. Some guys just never learn to play the game between the lines. Terrell has really been playing well the last couple of weeks including having leads in each of their last 4 games. They should of beat Red Oak and couldn't finish. When the Ringo kid is on he is pretty good.
XXPlayBallXX ;
Arm chair QBs and sideline coaches are a dime a dozen and I am one of the dirty dozen I guess. Just posing questions and opinions. As I understand it some of my posts have offended so I am being a little more sensitive to the players and especially the parents that think little Johnny is still that 10 yr old all-star. Good luck to Forney the rest of the way and there is always next year which at this point I am looking forward to.
One of the red oak dads did tell us that when they came out yesterday morning the tarp, which had been on the field, was rolled up in left field with a puddle on it. that's some wind out there in the country.
By the way, beautiful facility out there, when the school is finished it will really be something to be proud of. I give the snack bar staff and burgers 4 stars

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.