Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm sure I was the only one who felt a bit under-informed by your question. However, now that I've looked up Crowder College and know that it's a junior college (Looks like a nice school.), I'll take a shot at addressing your question.

Whether "big time" or not, 4-year programs tend to know where the talented junior college players are. After all, the ones who are considered prospects were usually prospects in high school; so, recruiters tend to follow their performance once they begin playing JUCO ball.

This time of year, recruiters from 4-year programs have their hands pretty full coaching their own teams; but, that doesn't prevent them from phoning, texting, and emailing the JUCO players who are of interest to them.

It's also the case that the head coach at the better JUCO programs is usually pretty plugged into both the recruiting and scouting networks; knowing that most of his players aspire to go on to play at 4-year schools or in the professional ranks. Chances are good that Crowder's head coach speaks regularly with recruiters and scouts about his players.

I recognize that this reply is pretty general and basic; but, with no more information than you gave us (except that Crowder is ranked by someone as the 6th best team in the country), it's sort of difficult to know what information was of interest to you.

Just curious but what kind of numbers has your nephew put up this year? I looked and saw that plenty of Crowder  players do move to four year schools. As a matter of fact one is on my son's team this year that was one of your top pitchers last year.

Also, no one can tell you what round he might be taken in or even if he will be drafted unless he is one of the very top prospects in the US and then you could get some idea on the various scouting blogs and mock draft lists.

The early signing period for players that will be going to a particular school in the Fall of 2013 was in November of 2012 but there will still be many guys signed by the four year schools as the draft opens spots, some as late as July. The "bigtime" schools like the U of Arkansas ( I think that's the one you were indicating, wasn't it) might be more of a stretch to get in later but don't rule anyone out.

Originally Posted by Three Bagger:

The early signing period for players that will be going to a particular school in the Fall of 2013 was in November of 2012 but there will still be many guys signed by the four year schools as the draft opens spots, some as late as July. The "bigtime" schools like the U of Arkansas ( I think that's the one you were indicating, wasn't it) might be more of a stretch to get in later but don't rule anyone out.

You got to get by alot of other teams before you can get to Colorodo, you need more than just talent, a little luck helps along the way.  I know there are a couple of teams that are rolling at the right time as well.  I see the Ft. Scott isn't even ranked and beat you guys twice??  To many things can happen between now and then, I guess we will have to wait a see. 

RJM is right. While you are rightfully proud of your nephews accomplishments and can tell the site about them, to actively push his name out  for awards and honors is considered poor taste. I'm sure your nephew would be embarrassed as he probably feels he will let his playing do his talking.

As far as the draft goes, if he is on the radar he probably would at least be filling out info cards for ML teams or been contacted in some way. Not always but most of the time. No one on this site is privy to information about draft rounds or who might draft someone as the draft is still more than a month away. Even though he has stellar numbers just remember there are dozens of college players with similar or better numbers or tools. Our team has  a guy as our fourth outfielder for the last two years who hit .420 his last year in Juco and runs a 6.6 sixty. There are numerous talented guys out there and only around 1200+ draft slots

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.