Skip to main content

Very best wishes to all of our HS Baseball Web players, parents, and friends who will be involved in the 2007 MLB Draft!

Please do not be shy about posting your news here. We love to hear about the exciting things happening for our members, share in your suspense, or offer a word of encouragement.

Julie

P.S. A couple of links related to Perfect Game's involvement and coverage:

"Perfect Game, PGCrosschecker.com and BaseballWebTV.com have provided assistance to ESPN and MLB.com leading up to this year’s draft. Perfect Game’s partner in BaseballWebTV.com, SkillShow has submitted video of a large number of potential early round prospects to both ESPN and MLB.com. (See www.baseballwebtv.com)

PGCrosschecker director, Allan Simpson is considered the #1 draft guru in baseball and has been providing indepth analysis leading up to the draft. (See www.pgcrosschecker.com)"
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I too would like to extend a "best wishes" to the players and their families as they anticipate their "invitation" into professional baseball. From the first “T” Ball swing until their last days of playing college or high school baseball this is the day they have all been waiting for. I can remember it well ---- huddled close to the computer listening for his name to be called and looking at my son’s face and seeing the emotion etched on his face. I watched that emotion change drastically when his name was called. In those emotions I could still see the little boy with his baby face stained by his first taste of Gatorade and at the same time I could see the determination of a man wanting a chance to compete at the highest level. Your mind races ----- You ask yourself --- is this the beginning of his future or is this the end of his past? No matter how it plays out --- this is all part of the game we call baseball.
Enjoy the ride.
Fungo
We're waiting eagerly to hear all of the reports. I think 20dad said it best. There will be ups and there will be downs today.

And Krak...about those Golden tickets...I received two of them. They aren't exactly Golden...they're actually Goldenrod. And they're not marked "Welcome to the Major League", but rather "Violator's Copy".

If anyone wants one or two or even three of these all they have to do is disobey the speed limit along I-57 in Pulaski County, Illinois. That's the last county along I-57 before crossing the Mississippi River into Missouri. And it doesn't matter if you're southbound or north bound...you'll get the Sheriff's attention either way!

Have a successful draft day...just remember...if you're drafting in Pulaski County keep it under the limit!

Here is wishing the best for every member of the HSBBW family and for their sons.

As Fungo so eloquently posts, this is a day that can be wrapped with a lot of thoughts and emotions. For me, the day was filled with memories, but most of them were simply of playing catch with Jason in the driveway.
Baseball can be magical.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.