I wonder what happens with the draft. Harvard-Westlake canceled its season today - there are two slot picks playing there.

College picks who were already known will be as ok as possible; HS kids and late blooming college kids are really impacted.

Original Post

Perhaps ad hoc travel teams and tourneys will pop up to provide baseball for kids who are suddenly without a season? 

2020 LHP Son starting to get scouted.  Pitching well . . I'm fearful this will severely limit his chances because he has been a bit of late bloomer with his velo.  Fortunately, he has a P5 commitment to fall back on . .. we are grateful for that. 

I'm confident that if seasons are cancelled, scouts will hold private workouts continually over the next few months.  It won't be the same, but they will do what they can to get good looks at kids.  It really stinks.  My son was gaining momentum and I'm now concerned that his senior year of ball may be cut short...possibly very short.  I just hope they will do things like limit fan attendance, etc. before they shut down.

Big 10 announced yesterday that season will continue but only key members of the team, credentialed media and immediate family members will be allowed to attend. I'm wondering which category scouts will fall under because I'm pretty confident they will get into the games somehow.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.