Skip to main content

Jamari Baylor, SS from Benedictine and the Va. Cardinals 2019 team, has been drafted in the third round by the Phillies, # 91 overall.  Congratulations, Jamari!  Slot value $647,300!

I believe he's the first local player to get drafted, but folks, let me know if I've overlooked anyone.

Last edited by Midlo Dad
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B from ODU and previously James River HS/Va. Cardinals 2016 team, was drafted in the 11th round (319 overall) by the Royals.  There are no slot values after the 10th round, and I think the deal is that teams face some disincentives from MLB if they pay out over 125k from here on out, but Vinnie was the 2nd guy picked on Day 3, so ... fingers crossed for one of our favorite alumni!

Midlo Dad posted:

I do see that Logan Driscoll, C from George Mason (previously Lake Braddock HS) went in the competitive balance round B (between 2nd and 3rd rounds), # 73 overall, to San Diego.  Can't say as I'm familiar with him, but congrats nonetheless!  Slot value $857,400!

Logan Driscoll threw out the first pitch at our son's State Tournament game last night and they announced his signing: https://twitter.com/MasonBaseb.../1136059566494343173 

It was a great experience - the LB community is very happy for him and his family. He seems like a stand-up guy. 

Midlo Dad posted:

Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B from ODU and previously James River HS/Va. Cardinals 2016 team, was drafted in the 11th round (319 overall) by the Royals.  There are no slot values after the 10th round, and I think the deal is that teams face some disincentives from MLB if they pay out over 125k from here on out, but Vinnie was the 2nd guy picked on Day 3, so ... fingers crossed for one of our favorite alumni!

I know a couple of players (college sr's) taken towards the end of the draft.  One received a plane ticket to short season, another received ticket (one way) and $1K.  Vinnie is a Jr so may have some leverage to get some $. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.