Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think their technology and data based approach to player development is at the leading edge of the industry.  Their methods are slowly replacing how MLB organizations draft, develop and coach.  Player development is the last  and financially uncapped competitive advantage for MLB teams.  Philadelphia Phillies just hired their head of hitting development to be the hitting coordinator for their organization.

I'm considering the idea of chucking my son's last travel ball season and sending him to Kent, Wa to train and develop.

Other than that, not much.

Everything mentioned above ^^^. I did quite a bit of research earlier this year, and had some back and forth with a couple of their team members, and I think it's a first class operation. I also think they've got some pretty compelling results and, like go44dad, I looked into sending my son up there for a week for the hitting program. Unfortunately we had a bump in and road from an injury perspective but we may still do this depending upon what the summer shapes up to be. Right now, if I have to spend the money, it's a toss-up between sending him up to DL or down to Cressey in Florida to strengthen his shoulder program coming off surgery.

Go44dad posted:

I think their technology and data based approach to player development is at the leading edge of the industry.  Their methods are slowly replacing how MLB organizations draft, develop and coach.  Player development is the last  and financially uncapped competitive advantage for MLB teams.  Philadelphia Phillies just hired their head of hitting development to be the hitting coordinator for their organization.

I'm considering the idea of chucking my son's last travel ball season and sending him to Kent, Wa to train and develop.

We have tossed around the same idea of going up there to train instead of travel ball.  

Go44dad posted:

K9 posted:

Question for the folks considering skipping travel ball to train at DL...how old is your son?  Seems like this would be something to do Summer before college?

Junior in HS this year.  I think the college will drive what you do the summer before freshman year.  All in all, I would prefer to send my son off for a class in summer at his college.  To get acclimated to the college environment, one less class in season, get to know the campus, strength coach, etc.

Go44dad posted:
K9 posted:

Question for the folks considering skipping travel ball to train at DL...how old is your son?  Seems like this would be something to do Summer before college?

Junior in HS this year.  I think the college will drive what you do the summer before freshman year.  All in all, I would prefer to send my son off for a class in summer at his college.  To get acclimated to the college environment, one less class in season, get to know the campus, strength coach, etc.

A lot of times they do ask the boys to come out for the summer/stay for the summer to do just as you said. Summer school, strength training, etc.  

My son took part in their East Coast road trip this fall. They did an assessment and created a custom program for him to follow. He is now doing remote training. We built a padded wall in our basement for him to throw against. Long toss is part of his program which he does at the local HS. He works out with a trainer 2 days a week and the HS team in the weight room 2 days a week. We send videos to Driveline and get feedback. They adjust his program as needed. It is 6 days a week and is done in addition to everything else.

So far, son says his arm feels great, maybe the best it's ever felt.  He also says he feels like he is throwing harder. My son is driven and it was something he really wanted to do.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.