Skip to main content

Just wondering on some opinions about my son dropping the summer team my son was on for the current summer between his senior year in HS and freshman year in college. Options are American Legion, adult ammetuer 18+ leagues, or staying with the old team and playing a 18U schedule that sometimes will include younger teams. The old team is about 3X's the fee compared to the other 2 with about the same amount of games.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think that for a HS playing playing the sumnmer between HS and his first college year the key is to simply stay in shape so that when he arrives on campus he is ready to go

My guys played in an adult league with ex-college guys and pros--the competition was great and they learned immensely by playing along side guys who were star college players and facing pitchers who pitched in the pros for as many as 7 or 8 years.
Agreed. The summer in between is still an important time despite already being committed to a school. The last thing you want to do is decrease the talent that your son is facing or competing against. You don't want to go in to school having faced 78-82 mph pitching for 2 months over the summer if you are more likely to see 88-92 when he steps on the field for the fall.

Playing with former or current college guys couldn't hurt as long as the competition is still good.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.