Skip to main content

My wife recently met a former college player who had the dubious distinction of 'tying' a record that can never get broken.

He gave up 2 grand slams in 5 batters in a college game. Eek

At his current age, he seemed somwhat ?proud? of it too! Big Grin

What are some other "dubious distinctions" you've heard about?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by justbaseball:
My wife recently met a former college player who had the dubious distinction of 'tying' a record that can never get broken.

Ouch that is a very dubious distinction, we had a player who lead the country in strike outs and he got trophy at the end of the season, oh my bad, that was the CWS MVP trophy Smile
quote:
Originally posted by justbaseball:

OK OK, I confess. I gave up walk off homers in both ends of the doubleheader in college. Off the bat I'm thinking "Popped him up!" as in routine fly ball. The wind was blowing hard that day. Just like the Every Ready bunny the balls kept going and going and going.
I couldn't play varsity basketball my senior year in HS from 2 shoulder reconstructions, which meant I was eligible to play in the Student/Faculty game. Being the 6'7" pure stallion of an athlete that I was, first pass into the post I got hacked.

So, in front of a packed house, chanting my name, went to the FT line and airballed my first FT attempt.
Last edited by CPLZ
quote:
Originally posted by CPLZ:
I couldn't play varsity basketball my senior year in HS from 2 shoulder reconstructions, which meant I was eligible to play in the Student/Faculty game. Being the 6'7" pure stallion of an athlete that I was, first pass into the post I got hacked.

So, in front of a packed house, chanting my name, went to the FT line and airballed my first FT attempt.
A friend was one of the best pure shooters I've ever seen in high school. He air balled his first varsity shot. At fifty years old we still call him Airball.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.