Skip to main content

collegebaseballrecruitingguide posted:

Glad you have that outlook, of course go full steam ahead. Just know, that once that ship starts burning, knowing where the life raft is located is an important element of survival. 

Good luck

It's not me with that outlook.  I'm the one who carries all the worry.  I'm the one who counts recruits, looks up velocity/scouting reports, counts transfer rates and looks on the horizon for storm clouds. If he flames out, academically, athletically or life-wise, I'll offer to do whatever I can for him, if he wants the help.  And call Adbono for a JUCO.  Or get him into a trade school. Or assist him with moving on with his life however he wants.

Go44dad posted:
collegebaseballrecruitingguide posted:

Glad you have that outlook, of course go full steam ahead. Just know, that once that ship starts burning, knowing where the life raft is located is an important element of survival. 

Good luck

It's not me with that outlook.  I'm the one who carries all the worry.  I'm the one who counts recruits, looks up velocity/scouting reports, counts transfer rates and looks on the horizon for storm clouds. If he flames out, academically, athletically or life-wise, I'll offer to do whatever I can for him, if he wants the help.  And call Adbono for a JUCO.  Or get him into a trade school. Or assist him with moving on with his life however he wants.

Agree with this.  Having a Plan B means that you have an understanding of risk.  My boy lacks the perspective needed to evaluate multiple risks, he is 17 yoa.  We have effectively provided for a Plan B by making sure that he understands the importance of doing his best in whatever he attempts, school to baseball and beyond.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.