Skip to main content

The timeline most often mentioned seemed to be that P5 recruits might commit early in high school (or even 8th grade!) but there now seem to be a growing number of commits to mid-majors from HS freshman and sophomores. Similar to the reclassifying trend, this is creating a fair amount of anxiety among those of us wondering whether the time horizon for recruiting is shortening.

Is this a sign of the times (COVID) or maybe folks are getting better at figuring out early which “pond to fish in”? Should those of us with freshman just take a deep breath or is this a reason to get  more aggressive earlier than anticipated?

Thanks.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My caveat is I don’t have personal experience dealing with recruiting and Covid. If a kid is good enough to commit to a mid major in 8th grade how good might he be by soph year of high school? Do these kids understand it’s a projection and it may not work well for them? I don’t think kids should commit this early unless the baseball world (not parents and fans) is telling them they’re a can’t miss stud. Then it’s to the top programs.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.