Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Here are some good ones that we use in East Cobb area with phone number.

Marriott NW 770 989 4575
Mayfair/ Crowne Plaza 770 428 4400
Comfort Inn 770 952 3000
Crowne Plaza Perimeter 770 790 1011
Double Tree Windy Hill 770 272 9441
Ameri-Suites Galleria 770 384 0060
Hawthorn Suites 770 952 9595
Sleep Inn 770 952 9005

You can request Perfect Game Rates, but I'm not sure those rates will go into affect until July. Might be worth a try, though. Ask for group sales!
We usually stay at Marriott NW off the Windy Hill exit. So i'm not very familiar with many of the others. However, we have not received any complaints that I can remember from people who have stayed in the other hotels.

33'sdad, gives good advice. It's a good 20 minutes to half hour from the hotels to the East Cobb complex. Allow much more time unless early in the AM and especially from 3PM to 6 PM.

Early the traffic is bad going towards Atlanta and later the traffic is bad leaving Atlanta.

Anyway, that has been our experience. Lots of great eating places by the way. However, in our experience it's hard to find anything open after 10 or 11 PM. We spend about a month or more each year there.
Last edited by PGStaff
Thanks for the great info! It's good to know this stuff before getting there and finding out the hard way. We're heading down late on a Friday, play 3 games on Saturday, so it'll be unlikely that the boys will be up for much of anything after 10:00 except sleep Smile How we do on Saturday will determine what we do on Sunday I guess. Fly back Sunday night. Kind of a quick business trip, we're looking forward to it. Thanks again!
We have gone out there the past 2 summers and have stayed at Embassy Suites both times. We stayed at (2) different Embassy Suites. We prefer Embassy Suites because we are able to get (4) players in each room and get a great cooked to order breakfast for everyone. Rates are usually about $100-$125 per night which is great when you divide that by 4.

As posted, nothing is real close to the complex. Most hotels will be about 20/30 minutes away.

Have a great time. Tournaments at the East Cobb Complex are a lot of fun.
Last edited by TromblyBaseball
The host hotel (Crowne Plaza Perimeter) is a posh place and they give a great rate. That makes it tough to pass up. BUT I hate that our team always stays there. It's a good 20-25 minutes from the fields complex, and the place is always jammed. You have to wait forever just to get an elevator, and they don't police the kids. Lots of teenagers roaming the halls, whooping it up late into the night. Maybe some folks like that kind of thing, but I'd just as soon stay somewhere quiet!
I live near the East Cobb complex and definitely the easiest to commute to the ballfields would be in Woodstock. Woodstock is probably 4 miles to the fields and you don't have to worry about getting on the interstate at all or worry with any traffic.

Anyone needs any help, feel free to private message me...if you post on here, I may not catch it!
I was cruising this site and thought I would put in my two cents worth for the future, because baseball kids will always be travelling to Atlanta and doing the Perfect Game/East Cobb circuit. I highly recommend the Hawthorn Suites. It's reasonable, very clean, scenic, close to all sites, great pool and work-out room, decent laundry and "Happy Hour" every week night!! Quarter beer and wine saved me a fortune on my visit in July! A nice spread of food...desserts or salad or tacos or hot dogs...something different every night. Oh, and great Continental breakfast with hot food. Keep it in mind in the Spring when heading that way!

Resurrecting this old thread instead of starting a new one. With PG moving the WWBA events to East Cobb this year, along with other big showcases, figure there will be some people with the same question. It looks like a lot of the similar threads are years old.  Does anyone have any updated recommendations on housing or hotels for East Cobb?

I have been looking at VRBO options. It seems like many of the options in the area are people renting out their basements that they have turned into guest suites. As far as hotels go, it looks like some of the older recommendations in this thread have taken a turn for the worse.  Would like to get some new recommendations for places to stay in the area.

Spent 5 days in each this summer.

Both of these were nice and had plenty of food options nearby. Both with easy access to highway and fields.

The breakfast stuff at both was nasty, so don't count on it. Coffee and bananas at Hampton.

Son has celiac, so good options in ATL. I don't so here are some great places we both could eat.

Last edited by Eokerholm

For WWBA, your games could be at ECB, or 60 miles away.

Assuming that you/your fam have been vaccinated by then and are able to enjoy ATL with few worries, I’d pick the hotel that you’re affiliated with that’s closest to Truist Park and grab a game or two (if your tourney aligns).

But if you want a specific hotel, I suggest Courtyard Kennesaw or Springhill Suites Alpharetta.

@ARCEKU21 posted:

Is it an easier drive from Roswell to ECB or Marietta to ECB?

Marietta proper is about 10-15 min closer than Roswell proper. But the Marietta area around 75 does get busier than the predominantly residential area between Roswell and ECB.

That said, the Marietta area is (historically) closer to the majority of the non-ECB fields used in WWBA. Most of those are in Cobb co area, or will be n, w, or s of it, while I only remember 4 or so in Forsyth/Fulton co. And almost none are in the counties/areas east of Roswell, like Gwinnett (my county).

@Senna posted:

Marietta proper is about 10-15 min closer than Roswell proper. But the Marietta area around 75 does get busier than the predominantly residential area between Roswell and ECB.

That said, the Marietta area is (historically) closer to the majority of the non-ECB fields used in WWBA. Most of those are in Cobb co area, or will be n, w, or s of it, while I only remember 4 or so in Forsyth/Fulton co. And almost none are in the counties/areas east of Roswell, like Gwinnett (my county).

Good info there. Sounds like Roswell is not a bad option for the showcase event since it is all at ECB. But when we go back for 2 weeks for two WWBA tournaments, Marietta may be the better option.

Finding an actual rental house in the area is tough. Seems like it is all madeover basements or apartments. If you do find an actual house, it comes with the price tag also.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.